IBM Computer Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Computer Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Binghamton, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a Telephone interview with the manager. Then, I began to talk to HR regarding some information about myself. I had to take the IPAT test, which was fairly difficult, but I think I passed. Afterwards, I was given an offer, which I was grateful for.

Interview Questions

• Very casual interview, maybe because I had a referral?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Poughkeepsie, NY (US)).

Interview

Long and tedious. That is managers first touch base with prospects then poll the office to see if there is interest. Then maybe weeks latter a team lead will call and do a 1 on 1. Finally the manager may need 2 to 4 weeks to get financial to sign off on a offer. So the whole process is long and drawn out. Also a department many want you but not get financial approval so prepare yourself for a waist of time. Also anyone who is a collage graduate currently can be hired quickly and does not need this financial approval since they are funded via a separate budget.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail something negative about yourself   2 Answers

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Louisville, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview went really. They asked the basic questions that you would expect to hear at an interview. Then they asked more specific questions about the position and how I could apply my skills from previous professional endeavors in this new position. They asked a series of hypothetical questions that weren't difficult but definitely required some thought. It's okay to pause during the itnerview and think about what you want to say. Don't feel like you need to rush through. I think they appreciated how much I considered each question. After all, they did offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experiences support you in this new position?   1 Answer

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview

the interview process was relatively simple

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in April 2011.

Interview

after the phone interview i had a 1:1 interview, and since was not fully prepare for it, was not able to answer some of the questions.

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview

Emailed with the time of the interview and asked for a phone number to contact.

The interview was with the leader of the group that was hiring. The interview was very conversational rather than structured. Asked about experience in programming as well as specific questions about the programming language and tools used.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any past industry experience programming in this language?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Why all the companies are doing like this?
    It is not fair..........................

Interview Questions

• How you ll do you 5 days of work in 6 days?   2 Answers

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, online test, very difficult and invitation to Assessment Centre, then interview with a Hiring Manager before receiving an offer. The process took in total 40 days including the offer.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in April 2018.

Interview

I had to the application on their platform at their web page, upload my cv, etc. Then they called me for a short phone interview where they asked about about my capabilities as a programmer, on which fields I had more experience and my interests.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you are more experienced?   2 Answers
    • How do yo feel with the English language?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

J'ai posulé sur le site de IBM suite a une offre de stage sur LinkedIn. J'ai eu un entretien téléphonique deux semaines plus tard. L'entretien était purement technique. J'ai eu des questions sur la programmation en C++ et la manipulation des structures de données.

Interview Questions

• Certaines questions demandent plus de temps pour les résoudre.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.