Hostelworld Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hostelworld Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Hostelworld Group

2.8

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an e-mail to schedule an interview shortly after applying. The interviewers were very nice during the interview and asked interesting questions. However, they promised a prompt response that never arrived and ignored all my e-mails ever since.

Coldfusion Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. One of them talked about himself a lot, didn't ask many questions. The second asked one or two questions. Got the feeling they weren't very interested, but were trying to hone their interviewing skills.

Then given technical test, which I had no trouble with. Feedback to recruiter was that they didn't get a sense of who I was.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the value of a text field using javascript   Answer Question

Web Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially phone interviewed by the receptionist then met with the HR director and another.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very rushed and decision made very quickly

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a technical assignment where I was given about 45 mins to write object oriented code to develop a blog site, this was followed up by a general introduction to the company and then questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions, nothing extraordinary   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2018.

Interview

Did not have any phone screen. I was called straight in for an interview and had onsite interview within a matter of days. The interview itself lasted approx half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions . Followed up twice with HR after interview and got no response, very disappointed to have had no reply after attending onsite interview   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy, without any analytical or behavioural questions. All the basic questions as usually on most of interviews. Interview is usually with manager and team leader. I applied online, after few days got an email for interview, 2 days after the interview I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What languages I speak fluently, my previous experience, challenges i faces etc..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group.

Interview

General questions about previous work experience and how I would manage the job on a daily bases. Followed by a brief introduction of the company itself. Very friendly and welcoming

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Very thorough, 2 stages. One meet and greet followed by presentation focusing on improvements to a particular service feature.

Presentation was very challenging given time constraints for a broad topic but I enjoyed preparing and delivering it

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think we will face in the next 5 faces   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, submitted CV on my behalf, went through a ~1h phone screening, followed by a ~3h long onsite interview. Then got an offer.

CRM Campaign Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2019.

Interview

First met with someone from the HR department to ensure I was familiar with the company and their activity then met with the person in charge of the CRM campaigns. Discussed past experiences and how they could fit in the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.