Hostelworld Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Hostelworld Group

2.8

Product Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2020.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair. She was very nice and suggested I apply for this particular role. After I applied, I had a call with the future CPO who was yet to join the company at that point. I then had another call with a Product Owner. I was finally invited to a 4 part interview onsite, with 3 different Product Managers, and the CPO who had just started.

Some of the managers were unsure of the requirements of the role. The CPO didn't prepare for the interview and was surprised by big portions of my CV when I mentioned them.

After 6 interviews, they have decided to postpone the role because there is a huge amount of change happening in the company. They were really nice, but really disorganised. Also, after 6 interviews with them I would have expected a call from the recruiter. I got an email instead. The process should have been far more professional. Although the people I interviewed with were incredibly nice and seem very competent at their jobs.

Interview Questions

Hostelworld Group Response

16 Mar 2020 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience wasn't fully positive. We always aim for all candidates to have the best experience. We appreciate your comments and will look into our hiring process to ensure it's more organized. Wish you all the best in your future job search!

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Awful experience. Wasting peoples time for their own benefit.
    Seemed like an opportunity for someone to practice interviewing.
    No longer any sign of them on the Best Place to Work list???

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group.

Interview

General questions about previous work experience and how I would manage the job on a daily bases. Followed by a brief introduction of the company itself. Very friendly and welcoming

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an e-mail to schedule an interview shortly after applying. The interviewers were very nice during the interview and asked interesting questions. However, they promised a prompt response that never arrived and ignored all my e-mails ever since.

CRM Campaign Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2019.

Interview

First met with someone from the HR department to ensure I was familiar with the company and their activity then met with the person in charge of the CRM campaigns. Discussed past experiences and how they could fit in the company.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2018.

Interview

Did not have any phone screen. I was called straight in for an interview and had onsite interview within a matter of days. The interview itself lasted approx half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions . Followed up twice with HR after interview and got no response, very disappointed to have had no reply after attending onsite interview   Answer Question

Market Exe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in November 2017.

Interview

Great feelings, felt totally at ease. Hiring managers are completely available to make you feel comfortable and already part of the company, starting from the welcome tea to the last smile before leaving the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Very thorough, 2 stages. One meet and greet followed by presentation focusing on improvements to a particular service feature.

Presentation was very challenging given time constraints for a broad topic but I enjoyed preparing and delivering it

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think we will face in the next 5 faces   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy, without any analytical or behavioural questions. All the basic questions as usually on most of interviews. Interview is usually with manager and team leader. I applied online, after few days got an email for interview, 2 days after the interview I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What languages I speak fluently, my previous experience, challenges i faces etc..   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a technical assignment where I was given about 45 mins to write object oriented code to develop a blog site, this was followed up by a general introduction to the company and then questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions, nothing extraordinary   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.