Hitachi Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hitachi Interview Questions

Interviews at Hitachi

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

Management started by telling me about the company then asked me to go through my resume and explain it. They then asked behavioral questions. A few of the questions were tough but they were asked to determine your thought process and how you analyze different situations. The interview lasted about 35 minutes. Very nice people and seems like a challenging but fun workplace. Second and third interview were pretty quick

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your work if you were given 5 different tasks from 3 different managers and all of the tasks were due in 2 hours?   1 Answer
    • How would you complete a task with little instruction?   Answer Question
    • If an employee asks you about a mixup on their insurance benefits how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?
      What's your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What's your greatest accomplishment?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

Behavior-based questions

Negotiation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Berea, KY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

3 people interview about your experience, your goals, and your team work. They are really nice. They have high expectation from candidate. They will walk your through about their work and the company itself. they looking for confident and willing to learn. At the end of the interview you will be walk out and they will let your know the next step.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi (Berea, KY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Simple interview process just went over past experience qualifications and explained what the job entailed at Hitachi. It's your basic factory work just watch out for the bs from management cause the American managers are running the place into the ground.

Interview Questions

• Basically asking if I could handle factory work   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations they offered the job I accepted. This was for a production associate position so not much you can negotiate on.

Interview

3 interviews, one out of state. Met with multiple dept. managers. Talked about business acumen as well as specific job skills. Everyone was very polite and professional. Also got a tour of the facilities. Overall a positive experience.

Design Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the recruiter only, but she was really lovely and described the team and what they do well. She was positive about the work that they do, although I was left wondering about the specifics in terms of the actual projects they worked on. Next time I'll ask!

Interview Questions

• "What are the precise dates and company names of the places you have worked" (I had submitted a functional resume, rather than chronological on the advice of a career coach.)   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi in May 2017.

Interview

Tiered interview - phone interview with multiple high ranking managers to assess fit. If this phase is passed then it would lead to in person interview at an onsite location with each high ranking officer.

Interview Questions

• Clarify Background as it pertains to job
      Show how you will lead the role if hired   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi in August 2013.

Interview

Very vague questions were asked looking for me to interpret what it was he wanted to hear. Asked a lot of experience questions looking for the most experienced individual to move forward. Very professional interviewer however left it up primarily to me to decipher what it was exactly that he was asking.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi in November 2013.

Interview

Most of the questions were the run of the mill how much experience do you have, why did you leave your last job, tell me about a problem you solved. I was also asked why I would like to work for Hitachi Medical Systems. Seemed to be a lot of long pauses after answering questions which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• The Technical questions seemed vague so I had a hard time gauging how in depth of an answer they wanted. Overall nothing seemed very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

Initial interview over the phone, then a formal in person interview starting with HR and then several other personnel from the server department. It is an all day visit and resulted in a next day response. Company flies prospect out to office in Ohio and conducts an all day interview process. Very thorough, including a basic electronics test and other challenging interview questions.