Hays Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 23 Oct 2018

3.5

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me and told me about the job role and what a normal days consists for recruitment consultant. Then was invited for a face-to-face interview with the managing director and senior recruitment consultant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

There were two telephone interviews, then I was invited to their office to meet Managing Directors for a face to face interview. I was told to expect contact to invite me to a "taster/trial" but was never contacted by the internal recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Can you please go through your previous employment history?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Really enjoyed the interview process! First stage phone call roughly 15 minutes - clearly checking your ability to communicate. Second stage - 1:1 interview. They will ask you questions about why Hays and also do role play phone call scenario - include as many open ended questions as possible. Third stage was assessment day. You introduce yourself - you then do more role plays (make sure to think about feedback given in last stage) then asking questions for a new job and then writing the job spec. Final stage is interviews with different managers - really enjoyed this part - they’re happy to answer any questions you have about the role with honesty

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

First you get a very brief phone interview in which they see if you have the key skills for the role. After this you are invited to meet with one of the national recruiters were you will be asked about yourself, told about the role and career progression. You will then go through phone role plays to see how you would gain business and pitch a client. The next stage is an assessment day this will be with around 6 people and you will be there for 4 hours. This is were you will meet one of the directors and find out about hays and your role in more depth. You will have 4 different tasks in the day relating to your role that you will have to act out in front of the director and regional recruiter. If you are successful you will then meet the director from your region and office manager to see if you will fit in their team and how passionate about the role you are.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

3 stages.
    1 - phone interview
    2- meeting with the manager
    3- meeting with the director.

Overall my experience was great. Everyone was very friendly and it felt more like a chat than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      What is your understanding of the role?
      Previous experience.
      What keeps you motivated.   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Firstly was a phone interview, asking standard questions about why recruitment and about the role. Then I had a face to face interview, which involved some competency questions and role plays. The assessment centre was tough, involving a introduction of yourself, why recruitment and why hays. After that we had a role play for generating a business opportunity, then writing a job description and another role play for choosing the ideal candidate. Lastly, an interview with a director. However, I didn't get through the last stage as I was lacking sales experience. Although I didn't get through, the feedback that was given at each stages of the interview was extremely useful.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process had 4 different stages:
    1) Phone interview
    15 minutes call to discuss motivations, professional background, etc...

2) Face-to-face interview
    Took over 1h. A lot of questions related to my CV, why Hays, why Recruitment, (see more questions below), role-play in the end by making a BD call in order to sell a candidate to a prospective client.

3) Sales Assessment
    This stage was the most challenging for me as I had to do 2 different role-plays in front of the other candidates, the internal recruiter and 2 directors and write-up a job advert.

4) Final interview with director and manager
    Pretty similar with the second stage but this time with my prospective new director and manager.

Overall was a great experience, very challenging but educative. Preparation is key to succeed in all interview phases.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about Hays?
      Why do you want to work for Hays?
      Why Recruitment?
      What makes a good sales person?
      What does a recruitment consultant do?
      Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about a time you were persistent.
      What is your greatest achievement to date?
      Tell me about a time you dealt with rejection, how did you turn it around?
      Career expectations?
      Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Shambolic - I was invited back three times to meet three of the directors, to be asked the same questions. It took a long time for them to get back to me

Interview Questions

• The worst part was the trial on the phone...   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

I originally went in for a meeting about my career in the Manchester office and was then told about the position at Hay's. I then was invited to the assessment centre the following week which was made up of four stages-
    1) A role play business call I had to sell Hays to a new company which had opened in the area.
    2) Reviewing a job advert and questioning areas which are missing. E.g- salary, company bio, benefits
    3)Then writing up the job advert- this was very quick and they weren't that bothered abut you getting all the information on there they just wanted to see that you could do it.
    4)Final role play- select a candidate from 3 CV's for the job role and then sell them back to a client. This was just between myself and the interviewers and so was not as difficult.

I then got invited back for a final interview the which I am awaiting a response from.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is 4 parts long - which for such a low level position is 3 parts too long.

They want you to have sales experience, so don't bother turning up if you have a degree.

I wasted a large amount of time and money only to be told 'No thanks' after the final interview.

Their internal recruiters will also insist that you don't interview with anyone else in case they 'lose you' during the long and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.