Hays Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 12 Jun 2018

3.5

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Really enjoyed the interview process! First stage phone call roughly 15 minutes - clearly checking your ability to communicate. Second stage - 1:1 interview. They will ask you questions about why Hays and also do role play phone call scenario - include as many open ended questions as possible. Third stage was assessment day. You introduce yourself - you then do more role plays (make sure to think about feedback given in last stage) then asking questions for a new job and then writing the job spec. Final stage is interviews with different managers - really enjoyed this part - they’re happy to answer any questions you have about the role with honesty

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

First you get a very brief phone interview in which they see if you have the key skills for the role. After this you are invited to meet with one of the national recruiters were you will be asked about yourself, told about the role and career progression. You will then go through phone role plays to see how you would gain business and pitch a client. The next stage is an assessment day this will be with around 6 people and you will be there for 4 hours. This is were you will meet one of the directors and find out about hays and your role in more depth. You will have 4 different tasks in the day relating to your role that you will have to act out in front of the director and regional recruiter. If you are successful you will then meet the director from your region and office manager to see if you will fit in their team and how passionate about the role you are.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

There were four stages of the interview process starting with a telephone interview then moving on to a face to face interview with a manager, then a group sales training day, with role play and tasks. Then if successful a final interview.

Interview Questions

• What recruitment experience do i have?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is 4 parts long - which for such a low level position is 3 parts too long.

They want you to have sales experience, so don't bother turning up if you have a degree.

I wasted a large amount of time and money only to be told 'No thanks' after the final interview.

Their internal recruiters will also insist that you don't interview with anyone else in case they 'lose you' during the long and drawn out process.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Four stages. (1) Brief 10 minute phone screening about why recruitment would suit you. (2)One on One - roleplay client and candidate phone interaction. (3) Assessment Centre. (4) Interview with Director.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

The employees were warm and welcoming and it was a very fair and equal selection process. The tasks were not too difficult and everyone has an equal opportunity to perform their best.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself as the perfect candidate. Describe the skills, experience, background, etc that makes you the perfect fit for this placement.   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

I originally went in for a meeting about my career in the Manchester office and was then told about the position at Hay's. I then was invited to the assessment centre the following week which was made up of four stages-
    1) A role play business call I had to sell Hays to a new company which had opened in the area.
    2) Reviewing a job advert and questioning areas which are missing. E.g- salary, company bio, benefits
    3)Then writing up the job advert- this was very quick and they weren't that bothered abut you getting all the information on there they just wanted to see that you could do it.
    4)Final role play- select a candidate from 3 CV's for the job role and then sell them back to a client. This was just between myself and the interviewers and so was not as difficult.

I then got invited back for a final interview the which I am awaiting a response from.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three stage interview including a phone screen, one to one interview, group interview and finally a meeting with relevant directors. During the one to one interview a role play situation is conducted

Interview Questions

• There were 2 role play scenarios which you always for feedback at the end of   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks and consisted of 4 stages.

Stage 1- Short telephone interview to discuss your reasons for choosing recruitment and general motives. From there you I was invited to stage 2

Stage 2 - Face to Face interview with Manager which involved a couple role play sceanarios. If you are successful here you are then invited to attend an assessment centre. Any feedback you got from this stage should be noted and used for next stage.

Stage 3- I attended an Assesment Centre in Cambridge along with 5 other candidates. It was 3.5 hours long. It involved and introduction about the company followed by giving a short 2 min introduction of yourself, and why you want to get into recruitment and why Hays. We then had a couple role play sceanarios. Feedback on how you did was given straight away which was good. Overall the day was positive and insightful and I would say even if you didn't make it to the stage 4, you would definitely have learned a few things that you could take and apply elsewhere.

Stage 4- Interview with Managing Director. For me, this stage was about selling yourself and skills, demonstrating why you would be a good fit for Hays. The managing director made me feel at ease. I was told there would be no role plays at this stage but we ended up doing one which I did not mind as it was just the direction in which the interview was going. At the end of this stage I was told I would hear back within a couple of days the outcome.

Although it can seem long, I enjoyed the process as it gave me a real insight into the company and culture and whether I saw myself a good fit.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays.

Interview

3 stages.
    1 - phone interview
    2- meeting with the manager
    3- meeting with the director.

Overall my experience was great. Everyone was very friendly and it felt more like a chat than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why hays?
      What is your understanding of the role?
      Previous experience.
      What keeps you motivated.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.