H2O.ai Interview Questions

Updated 26 May 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at H2O.ai

H2O.ai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at H2O.ai

Interview

First interview lasted 3 hours, during which I was asked almost nothing but was told a lot of things, which I could really not retain after 1.5 hours of listening, but this didn't seem to matter to the interviewer. In my second round I had 3 45 minute interviews, during which I swear they left a paper in the interview room to see if I would put it to trash, which I did of course as every clever job seeker knows. This seemed to make an impression. Lastly I was given some data science excercises for home, which were very easy and I was clever enough to use the company's software to solve.

Interview Questions
  • Excerscises: 1. Credit card Kaggle dataset (regression problem) 2. Airline delays Kaggle dataset (clessification preblem) 3. Apply autoML on the credid card dataset.
    Answer Question

H2O.ai

Application

I interviewed at H2O.ai

Interview

The interview had three stages in total, First stage was with a senior DevOps engineer at the branch, I went super well, and next interview with senior DevOps Engineer at HeadOffie(USA), It's might be seems easy by its not. And finally the HR interview, I called the GateKeeper Interview, coz there are the desition maker, and I would say I struggled a lot. I didn't get the response from then, I know I'm not selected but a response would be great to know rather than ghosting out

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H2O.ai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H2O.ai in Dec 2021

Interview

The interview process involved both people from HR and from business. I had in total seven interviews, which may sound long, but the interviews were swift, effective, and efficient. The overall process took probably three weeks only. I was kept informed / up to date throughout the whole process. I must say this was one of the best interview processes I have experienced so far.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H2O.ai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H2O.ai in Oct 2021

Interview

When the person you interview with immediately dogs on this site and says to never trust a single thing on here simply at the mere mention of it (and not that you read negative things about their company on here) that's probably a good indication to run. I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by a person within H20.ai asking for my availability. I responded back giving what days and times I would be free only to have her email me the next morning asking for my availability once again. I basically just copied and pasted my previous response and then a few days later I get a call out of the blue from her asking if now was still a good time to talk. Typically I would have prefered her to follow up and set a time in stone with me so I could make sure I was still available, but she didn't. I really wasn't free anymore as it had been a few days without a follow up from her and that time slot got booked for something else, but I still entertained her by having the call anyways. She asked if I knew anything about the role or the company to which I said outside of the job listing and here I only knew a little. That was when she quickly bashed on this site and said to never believe anything on here. The call ended with her stating I would hear back from her colleague to schedule a call for a second interview. That person emailed me late Friday evening asking my availability and what times would work on my end. As it was pretty late for me and I was busy spending time with family that was in town over the weekend I didn't get a chance to respond back. The following Monday he followed up asking if 12:00PM PST that day still worked for me (it never did in the first place) to which I responded back stating that half of my team were out of the office in observance of Canadian Thanksgiving and I wasn't free and gave him a few other days and times later in the week that I would be. Not more than three minutes later he responded back asking for my availability once again. Apparently both he and the initial person I spoke with don't know how to properly read an email and the unnecessary repetitiveness coupled with the quick negative reaction to me mentioning this site (which I am now starting to lean towards believing most of the bad things I read as being true) had me withdraw my application for this role. Overall this was just a sloppy and unprofessional experience all around.

Interview Questions
  • Asked what I knew about the role and company. We didn't really even talk about my background or experience, just that she felt that based on my resume I was a great fit.
1 person found this interview helpful

H2O.ai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H2O.ai in Sep 2021

Interview

Disappointed with the lack of clarity in the hiring process. The JD that was sent to me mentioned the job locations as Czechia, Poland, and Slovakia. During the HR I was asked if I would be okay with Czechia and I said I will be fine. After 24 hours I was told that "the job location is being changed to APAC so we cannot consider you".

Interview Questions
  • Basic HR questions about years of experience on certain technologies.

H2O.ai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H2O.ai in May 2021

Interview

A first interview with the head of the department which was quite straightforward. Second interview: One hour presentation with a panel describing my background, solving and reporting a technical case and the value to bring in the company. I have spent significant time to prepare a nice presentation but this unfortunately was overshadowed by the attitude of the lady interviewer (three people in the panel). She was impolite, interrupting by even saying "you don't know what you're talking about", "you're insulting my work with this answer" and hostile attitude in general towards me comparing to the two other people. She was clearly pushing in more difficult questions even if most have been asked/answered. I think the other two people in the panel were surprised by her behaviour. We candidates go through lengthy preparation and stress in interview processes, and everyone has personal issues that should not be projected to others. I would advise this company to not treat the candidates like that. Should be polite even if they do not like the candidate or even if provides wrong answers. This is a non friendly environment to work on.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple technical questions about python, ML, NLP, kubernetes, cloud, etc How I deal with imbalanced data? How do I explain a technical problem to non technical people.
1 person found this interview helpful

H2O.ai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H2O.ai

Interview

Very good and appropriate for role. Hiring managers are professional and have a healthy conversation about the background and describe the role. The process takes a few weeks but is well coordinated.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H2O.ai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H2O.ai in Feb 2021

Interview

2 phone screens, 1 interview. First phone screen the person laughed at my lack of experience and my proposed salary range(was well within market salary for this role). They were rude overall and couldn't tell me anything about the role/company, or how long the contract would be. Went on to second screen and it went okay but the person was negative and didn't give a good vibe about the company. The 3rd interview went very well with someone who is in the actual role currently. They were friendly. Heard back a couple days later from second interviewer that I probably had the job if I wanted it--we discussed my salary range and I restated it. Said I'd hear back within a week and never did, apparently they didn't like me negotiating. It's now 2 weeks later. Would not have accepted an offer even if they came back in my range. Poor communication throughout the experience too. Overall very weird and negative candidate experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague

Application

I interviewed at H2O.ai (Prague)

Interview

Had two technical interviews with software engineers, and went deep into the technologies that I mentioned in the resume. It was a great experience who deeply analyzed the basics of the technologies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at H2O.ai (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

Phone screen, onsite, and a second onsite (although I didn’t pass my first one). The whole process was very organized and the people were friendly :) the office environment is open

Interview Questions
  • If a candidate arrives and 1 of the 4 interviewers aren’t going to make it, what would you do?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews