Grubhub Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Grubhub Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Grubhub

2.5

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grubhub (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied both online and on career fair which is Friday, and I received a call asking me to have an on compus interview on Monday. Talking through what feature I want to add to grubhub and coding problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grubhub

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I attended their interviews via College career fair.

Round 1: (at Career fair)
    1. Was asked 2 basic questions in Java and microservices. I was also one question related to Jenkins.
    2. Please make sure you have the projects related to what the company is working on. GH in Chicago works with Java, SpringBoot, Microservices, Cassandra, ReactJS, Gradle etc.

You will get a mail requesting to select a time slot the next day.

Round 2: (at UIC)
    1. 18-20 students from UIC were shortlisted and were allotted 1 hr interviews with one manager and one senior engineer two days after the career fair.
    2. First round - behavioral questions. The more honestly you answer them, it'd be that much easier to make past this round.
    3. Second round (in the same interview) - They give you a simple coding question. If you're able to solve medium-level questions in Leetcode, this would be a cake walk.

Round 3: (onsite)
    1. They arranged an event prior to the onsite day to ease our nerves. Please go prepared to the event and ask as many questions as you can there.
    2. There were two rounds of one hr each. Both with senior engineers.
    3. In the first round, interviewer gave me a very simple problem. He then increased the complexity of the problem by asking me various design constraints with my solution. Then I also had to write unit test cases for this. I made many mistakes during this round. I corrected my mistakes as soon as I realized that I was wrong.
    4. The second round was very similar to the first round but the question was a bit harder.

To make it past onsite, you'd need to have good coding skills (being able to solve Leetcode medium in the first go), Data Structures, Unit Testing, Design Patterns( factory pattern, singleton pattern).

Overall Experience - the interview process is very smooth. The HRs will keep you informed all the time.
    The questions you solve in the interviews are not some random questions that you might find on websites. They take time to structure the questions and every question is related to the actual work people do at GrubHub.

They respect your interview :)

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

First round was an HR phone screen. Second round was a video conference with a dev with behavioral/teamwork/previous project -related questions and a technical component. Third round was onsite with two technical interviews and an informational session and food. They also held a bowling event the night before the onsite as it was all college recruits at the interview.

Interview Questions

• 2nd round: String compression and decompression. 3rd round: Print certain shapes with characters (like a right angle triangle with asterisks). A data structure/algorithm question that I can't remember but was wrapped up like it was a problem that Grubhub would face in terms of orders, restaurants, users, etc.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.