Grubhub Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Grubhub

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Since there are not many data scientist interview reviews about grubhub, I decided to write one for future candidates, hoping to improve grubhub's recruiting process as well.

I applied online. Then a recruiter reached out to me, and then scheduled two phone interviews. I guess I did not pass, as there are no follow-ups after conversation with them.

I want to write this review as I found their review process a bit different from data scientist position I interviewed.

1. Recruiters seem not professional, as she/he is the very first data science recruiter who cannot even recognize key words related to machine learning and who thinks stats and machine learning are totally unrelated.

2. The interview is not well structured. As now I recall, the phone screens are a mixture of behavioral, technical and case interview. I do not understand how one could achieve some goals in one 30-minute interview and indeed the first interview was overtime - the interviewer obviously did not finish what he wanted to ask.

3. I do not understand the interview order either. I was firstly interviewed by someone pretty senior before the second more junior data scientist. I felt really honored yet a bit terrified to speak with a person with such seniority for my first interview, and at the same time confused about what exactly he is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Q1: what is your career goal? and how do you explain you past career moves and why grubhub   1 Answer
    • Q2: tell me about a project you are most proud of   Answer Question
    • Q3: ask exactly what you do for each project, which can be very detailed, even it it may not be your major project. For example, I was asked which metric I used for a model and relevant parameters and why.   Answer Question
    • Q4: can you use Spark/rate your level of familiarity of Spark and Python   Answer Question
    • Q5: case interviews about how to do A/B testing (from scratch to deployment) and interpret result   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process is very well planned, first the phone screen with a writing exam and then the on-site interview where you get to meet most of the team. Everyone is very nice and make you feel comfortable, take your time when answering questions and help you if you are not sure what they asked.

Enterprise Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Got contacted for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought it went pretty well, I was sure that my previous experience and background lined up for the position but got an email from the recruiter the next day saying they're moving on to other candidates. I'm glad they actually got back to me that quickly instead of dragging on the process. Maybe I'll get to work with the company in the future!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Focused, detailed and professional. I had 4+ interviews and was happy that I prepared so diligently. Grubhub had done its homework on me and I did my homework on Grubhub. In the final interview, I was told a story and a couple of managers role-played with me to see how I'd handle objections and questions I didn't know answers to.

Interview Questions

• *Why did you leave your last position?
      *Can you give us references?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

you sign up the ask you average questions like age, gender and all that good stuff. they do a background check and if everything is clear they hire you as an independent contractor.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

First, I had an initial screening call with a recruiter. I had a great call with the recruiter and she quickly set up 2 additional calls with other enterprise account managers. My 2 additional calls also went very well. Then I was scheduled to have a video call with a director. After it was scheduled, they asked to reschedule it because the director was out on vacation. The interview with the director was over video, a method that I feel does not really give candidates a fair opportunity to really make a connection with a potential employer. I was also instructed to give a presentation, which I did. I knew that I wouldn't be connecting with this director within the first 5 minutes of interview. First, she did not have my resume...which means she knew NOTHING about me, even though I had already been speaking to Grubhub for over 3 weeks about the role. Then she asked really basic questions. This just showed me how unprepared she was and how this interview process was not a priority at all. I would fire people like this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This question right here is a red flag to a bad manager.   1 Answer

Senior Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone Screen - 4 in-person, 1 Skype

The oddest thing about the interview was no one seemed happy to be working there. This was a really bas sign to me.

Interview Questions

• Types of JS libraries I was used to using.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The first phone screen was a role-play scenario, then you will go in for an interview with two different sales managers. The sales managers are really nice and don't ask a ton of technical questions. You need to be prepared to answer a ton of logistical questions of the role-play, what's the fees structure for the restaurants, how does GrubHub work, those kinds of questions.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grubhub (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

20 minute phone screen, was told I would hear back by the end of the week and did not get any word. No rejection, nothing. Disappointing that companies don't feel the need to provide a response after hours of applying, preparing, and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at your previous position that would translate to the email marketing at Grubhub?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

Group interview followed by a one on one interview with a hiring manager. It is a rather long process for many applicants as there is such a big group.