Grand & Toy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Grand & Toy Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand & Toy

2.6

Business Development Manager (GTA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the subject and was invited for the telephonic interview which I confirmed. The recruiter never reached out to me on the agreed time. Later after following up with him, he apologized and we rescheduled the interview on the next day. To my surprise, he never called and also haven’t heard from him.
    This tells a lot about the organization.
    Extremely unprofessional!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand & Toy.

Interview

3 rounds of interview-telephone interview and 2 in person interview. Casual business attire is appreciated. Be very personable, don't be too serious. You should fit well into the culture. Talk about how innovative you can be and provide examples.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to quit your current job   1 Answer
    • what do you know about G&T   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager (Facilities Supplies) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview and a second in person interview with the hiring manager. I had all the related work experience and knowledge required for the opportunity.

I believe the reasoning was they wanted someone with more managerial experience rather than product knowledge. And that really is a surprise if you are leading a team of specialists who need someone to coach and bring industry specific experience.

But no feedback provided by the company so far.

Interview Questions

• most of the question were very generic HR questions. About work experience, managing people, biggest problem etc.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grand & Toy.

Interview

A brief intro to the company with some time to ask questions. It went on for about 40 minutes. The interview was done via skype, so it might not represent the typical interview.

Interview Questions

• What have you been working on? (essentially tell me about yourself)   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grand & Toy.

Interview

It was laid back and more of a conversation about my background in sales. I did a 1:1 with my manager and then a telephone call with his boss in Toronto.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a pretty good interview experience with Grand&Toy, HR and technical team people are very nice, they made you feel comfortable.
    1. HR screening: asked about the basic background information.
    2. Team leader interview: asked about some technical background, methods of handling network issues, and interpersonal skills.
    3. Team members interview: some technical detail questions, and how you handle some scenarios.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand & Toy in November 2017.

Interview

Fair and easy. they ware so nice just asking about my previous experience and am I able to handle this position. They explained the salary and company culture then asked me for any other question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was numbers focused as any typical sales interview should be. Behavioural and situational questions were asked. Both interviewers were relaxed and easy to talk to. They made me feel it was ok for me to interview them as much as they interviewed me. It was a 2 interview process not including being vetted by recruiter first. It went well!

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome objections to price?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Internally interviewed. Typical process for interview. Were mostly focused on customer first sales. Looked for relation between what you have experience and how that helped the customer experience. Asked to decribe personal experiences and relate them to customer experiences. Wants you to b metric focused but would also like you to be metric focused.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand & Toy (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online. Based on your experience and reference they will call for interview. HR person takes interview. Interview is very straight forward. Questions about the area, the position and various behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who is drunk in a bar and keeps on asking for more drinks.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.