GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

1,310 Interview Reviews

3.1

Scientist Interview

Interview

Applied online and later received an email to schedule an interview via WebEx - this all happened during Corona so that may have had a factor in how long it took to schedule an interview). I then had a series of 2 interviews and received the offer within 2 weeks.

VP, Technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

i applied via the website. surpsingly i received a notification of an interest to interview. being UK based the interviewer set the call up. she totally missed the first call and when i sent an email she never explained why.
    not good.
    in any case, when we finally made contact the following week i was in the hopes things would get better.
    they did not.
    the recruiter seemed to take great offense when i simply inquired about the number of candidates being considered and if there are/were any internals being interviewed. i still do not know what the issue was.
    and it definitely went down hill from there. she simply had not done her homework. the questions asked were actually quite ignorant as if my resume was actually reviewed the questions would have not been asked in the first place!
    when i was asked about the reporting stucture that was the nail in the coffin. what does that even matter? in any case, this is the first time ive ever had a phone screen where at the end of the call the executive recruiter already says "we will keep your profile on file...." yeah right.
    dont waste peoples time, especially at my level, when its obvious you are just going through the motions because there is obviously an internal candidate selected.

Interview Questions

• what is your reporting structure? who do you report to?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Took almost 2 weeks to get a response for interest. First interview was a 30 min phone call asking general questions (e.g. do you need sponsorship, salary expectations, are you willing to travel, do you have any other offers etc) . A week later, the second interview was a 30-min video call with the hiring manager. The manager asked more technical questions related to the position.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied on March 3rd got First coding round test on March 26th on basic SQL, Python, and Mathematics hacker rank questions. The second coding round was a difficult level Python hacker rank test which I solved all cases. Reached out to recruiter several times never got any responses never seen such an irresponsible person and please don't take students for granted. I could never imagine myself working for this company ever in my life.

Co Op Interview

Interview

The process is strength based interviewing and not competency based so prepare behavioural questions and personality based questions. The recruiter and the scientists I spoke to were very nice and easy to talk to -- be yourself and remember to relax during the interview.

Quality Assurance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Asked basic interview questions followed by a case study. The case study question doesn't have a right or wrong answer but I guess there are certain answers they were looking for. Emailed HR after a few weeks to ask for the results but HR wasn't sure. So I guess I wasn't offered the job.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

HR Phone screen was followed by Phone call with hiring manager which was followed by Panel interview. The panel interview was full day with candidate seminar and several panels, including the team members of the hiring team.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Fantastic interview. Well-rounded engagement with qualifying questions that appeal to assesing both analytical skills and personal skills. Recruiter was delightful and feedback regarding candidacy was timely. I greatly enjoyed the interview process - questions were exactly as you'd expect.

Interview Questions

• What is my level of comfort utilizing Agile Product Management and Scrum and for how long have I been using it? Where do I see myself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

My resume was pushed through by a connection who had a friend who worked in the company. I first applied online.

I was phone screened the same week. 2 weeks later, I had a 45-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. About 3 weeks later, I was asked to participate in a virtual interview scheduled between 8 am and 4:15 pm. Total speaking time of 6 hours with numerous panels (yes, you have breaks and lunch). Followed up with thank you emails. Heard back 2 weeks later with an offer.

Advice:
    1) Be yourself. Be outgoing and personable. The interviewers will pick up if you do not have communication skills. Treat this as a conversation, not an interrogation.
    2) Keep your answers consistent and have your resume known by heart.
    3) Know situations you wish to talk about. "I don't know" is NEVER an answer.
    4) Be honest about mistakes and have a good answer on what you learned.
    5) Be prepared for technical questions. If you are entry-level, they are not going to go overboard. Treat this as a small technical conversation with a familiar colleague.
    6) This 8 hour interview is a test of endurance. Embrace the challenge.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen. Then a full day of interviews with various managers with the company. There was then another phone screen by direct supervisor, and finally another panel interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.