Glassdoor Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 9 Jan 2019

3.3

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. My background is a bit non-traditional, so I was sure to include a cover letter, which the recruiter said really helped to connect the dots for him and allowed me to move forward in the interview process. There was a phone screen, which was professional, but warm and extremely transparent (in a good way).

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Mar 2018 – Senior Director, Human Resources

So happy to hear you had a positive interview experience with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, and we wish you the best of luck on your job search.

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

5 step interview process. Starts on the phone working with HR and one of the Senior Managers. Demo call then in person interviews with managers and then finally the Director

Interview Questions

• How will my sales background translate to selling Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient, professional, and candid. They made a clear understanding of what to expect from the job, and what the job expects from you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

A Glassdoor recruiter contacted me after I had applied for an AE role online (LinkedIn) to schedule a phone screening. Following the phone screen I was asked to have a second call with Director of Sales. Next round of the interview process was a "role play" presentation/pitch over video conference. You are asked to set up a PPT to present. I presented to two managers. Next round was to meet Sales Managers and Sales Director at office. Received an offer less than one week following the on-site meeting. Each person I met and spoke with through the interview process was extremely friendly and overall very enjoyable to work with.

Interview Questions

• What attribute do you have that sets you apart from the next candidate?   Answer Question
    • What type of work environment are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Great experience, the process consisted of a few phone calls, followed by a video interview and finally going to the headquarters in Mill Valley. From beginning to end, every person that I spoke with was a true professional, knowledgeable and nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next role?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Recently finished the interview process at Glassdoor and had a great experience. The process was quick, consisting of a initial phone screen, phone interview with Director of Sales, an on-site interview with three different people, and then capped off with a sales pitch/ demo. Overall it lasted about two weeks so I was appreciative of their promptness. James was my recruiting adviser and was very helpful throughout the process — very transparent and communicative.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying to several roles at Glassdoor, I was contacted by a recruiter in Chicago who was very upfront about the AE role and overall compensation package. She asked a few basic questions and then scheduled another interview with the hiring manager. This next interview included a variety of behavioral questions. The third interview is an actual sales pitch, for the Glassdoor offerings. The fourth interview is in person and you can expect to meet with all the sales managers, in addition to the director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?
      Why do you want to work in sales?
      What is it that you like most about sales?
      Tell me three words that your previous or current employer would describe you as.
      Tell me about a time you used GRIT in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive, 4 rounds of interviews (phone interview, in person interview, sales pitch, final in person interview. I spent a lot of time preparing for each interview by utilizing the resources that the recruiter sent me and doing research of my own. I highly recommend reading through the website and doing research on each person that you're interviewing with. The whole process took about two weeks. Communication throughout the process was top notch, the recruiter contacted me shortly after each step to give me feedback and invite me to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

1st step was a quick phone call with the recruiter to go over the role and a quick review of my background. From there we moved quickly to a face-face interview with 2 team managers who dove into my background further and talked expectations of the role. After that I had to do a mock sales presentation using on of their actual prospects as the 'client' that took about 25 minutes. Final step was to meet with the office director for a much more informal conversation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.