GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at GEICO

2,691 Interview Reviews

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later for the multi tasking test. Relax, focus and you will do fine. Next I received an invite for q phone interview. Spoke to an Hr lady who ask me some behavioral questions. If you pass that you will be told to set up an role play interview which was online due to the virus. Read, read, and read. Everything you need to say is on the screen! If you pass that you will get set up for an online interview with the hiring manager! Good luck! You got this!

Interview Questions

• When you had q difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Longest interview process I've ever encountered. Like... by far lol. Seemed unnecessarily intense for an entry level position. Almost felt like they were trying to shake you to weed people out. If you prepare thoroughly for the interview with examples of customer service experiences, you'll do fine. Stay friendly and upbeat!

(This might differ from the regular process as I was on-boarded virtually due to COVID-19)
    - Personality assessment
    - Phone interview
        - this was the hardest part IMO
        - my interviewer was extremely cold and unfriendly
        - was asked a lot of rapid-fire questions based on negative customer service experiences
        - interview seemed to follow a reverse order, for example, tell us why you'd be a good fit for this position was the last question my interviewer asked me
        - pay is not negotiable
    - Role play
        - challenging, but if you read the materials thoroughly and maintain a positive attitude, you should be ok!
    - Interview with hiring manager over video chat
       - this was actually the easiest part

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply with Geico?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that you are qualified to be a customer service representative with Geico?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you persuaded your coworkers to do or change something.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were given a deadline. What did you do to meet that deadline?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was upset with you or the service they received. What did you do to fix the situation?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied and quickly received an email to do the online assessment. It was long but pretty easy. Then I was invited to interview over the phone. My interview isnt until July 1st and I've applied to work remotely until the main building opens back up. I'm on here just seeing how others interview process went.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was long and tough. First there was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Then if you pass there is a role play simulation that lasts about an hour. If you pass that you are then sent to interview with a hiring manager that lasts about 30-45 minutes. Keep in mind that all of this can take place in one day. It was a rigorous process but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the customer service role at Geico?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Went through 2 different interviews,1 role play, and two assessments. If you knew I wasn’t going to be offered a position then why take me through all of that. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Still ongoing to second interview awaiting emails, things a bit different due to covid and remote working. Said role stimulation might be next, informed me about my role pay and future schedules.

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

it was rather unpleasant. interviewer was rather unpleasant, rude, and above all else just didn't engage. it was not a pleasant experience and i do not recommend working here absolutely one of the worst experiences I've had in all my years.

Claim Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Honolulu, HI (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Got email. Completed phone interview. Computer test sent over to me. Passed that and had another phone interview with an hr manager. That's where I'm at now still waiting to see if I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied to two position, and was informed that one position was fully filled. As a result, I was moved to another position that has not been filled.

I spoke with two recruiters on the phone in a time span of 2 weeks. The first recruiter was professional, she asked basic questions about my background and experience, as well as informed me about the assessment that I did online.

The second recruiter, on the other hand, was not professional. He was not very courteous and made me felt like he was just checking off list. Firstly, he asked me about job duties/responsibilities that I clearly listed on my resume/application. Secondly, he asked me if I had applied with other companies, I felt like any reasonable recruiter would know the answers, but to flat out asking that question just showed the unprofessionalism. Thirdly, I had obviously not done well on the phone interview, and he proceeded to move me onto the next round, which was an assessment. I had already completed an assessment, so I did not know the purpose of having another assessment. In addition, the phone interview was very unorganized. He assumed that I was available and I should proceed taking the assessment during the phone interview. I just wanted to point out that the phone interview was schedule to be around 15-30 minutes, by the time we reached the assessment portion, it had already taken close to an hour. I asked if it was possible to do the assessment on a later date, the recruiter did not even know when he had an availability. He then stated--"We can do it on the following Monday at 10am (We had the phone call on Tuesday)." I accepted the time and he then stated--"there will not be an email or any confirmation, just make sure to pick up the phone around that time." I acknowledged and we ended the conversation. In less than 5 minutes, he called back and said the time would not work and we had to do it on Thursday at 10am (two days later basically). I accepted and continuously felt like I was treated very unprofessionally by him. Thursday came around and I noticed him calling me at 9:20am, which made me realized that he completely disregard the time that we had set up.

After the situation, I decided to not proceed with the interview process due to several unprofessional incidents.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Actuarial Questionnaire with about 19 questions regarding current offers, desired salary, skills, attraction toward the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working specifically at GEICO?   Answer Question
    • Describe an analytical project that you have worked on?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.