G4S Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

G4S Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

2.0

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Harrisburg, PA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to sit through two days of training at minimum wage. There was a series of about 10 short quizzes that need to be taken after reading about the topic.

Interview Questions

• What is you military experience?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They just told me what the pay rate was.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Williamsville, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I walked in for an interview with a site in West Seneca,the interviewer said it was unavailable and told me that I'd now be working full-time at Republic Steel. I said that sounds good. I got the job. They were desperate for people,so there wasn't an interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Canton, OH (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

First off they post a job posting that doesn't exist. They use this to get candidates to interview and offer them another position (example: upscale unarmed security officer). They call you and set up an interview date. You go in and fill out paperwork then have your interview. Basic interview type questions. Why should we hire you, etc. Now here is the kicker, unless you have corrections officer experience or your peace officer or military background then there is NO chance for advancement! Even with a degree, blah blah blah. And most of the jobs are low paying. All they want is someone who can pass a background check and will stay in the same low paying job and be happy with it.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

just take long time

Interview Questions

• same system like other companys   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I interviewed at G4S in May 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed and hired back in May 2014.....they did not mention they have a payroll problem and many employees aren't being paid. They also didn't mention as they hire new people they will start to dog the employees they have. Eventually, the new people will be getting dogged too. Like giving out little work here little work there ( reducing hours)

Interview Questions

• Why does this company G4S just abruptly stops working some of their employees who want to work? Why is G4S not paying their employees that do work? Why do they owe multiple employees money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours and scheduling

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very quick and easy. The interview only took about 5 min and the person that interviewed me was very professional and very nice. I had to have 2 interviews, one with the corporate office and another one with my post site which was a little bit more challenging.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (Allentown, PA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was very brief. As high of a turnover rate they have I practically had the job when I walked in the door. You had to take a series of questions based on your personality. You were given a drug test and then you watched several training videos. The entire training class was very boring and really not informative.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask much about previous experience. A few normal questions and that was it.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (Tampa, FL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Just an application and a short interview with Human Resources Primarily concerned with High School diploma and if you were a vet and former law enforcement. Had to complete a criminal backgound check and do a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• If I would work there for more than a year   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, you took what they offered.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview. Show up, hired.
    Hiring. Repeatedly question references in multiple phone calls even a month after you were hired. Had to fax in DD-214 four different times, to the same person, before and after hired. From application to work, the process took under a week. If it's a new client you have no idea who or where until a day or two before.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was your typical interview of why you want to work here and what are your strength and weakness..etc. Nothing too hard to answer. The interviewer was really laid back and basically gave me the job as they needed people. Practically my resume sold me when the interviewer saw it weeks before meeting me in person. He also commented that he just wanted to have a 1:1 session with me to make sure I am competent with the job as they are on the verge of losing the contract to a big end retailer.

Interview Questions

• Say that you are a supervisor and you have a person who works under you who is always coming in late. what would you do?   1 Answer