Facebook Production Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Facebook Production Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.4

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Online assessment, phone interview followed by onsite interviews. Online assessment asked system related questions such as questions about the linux terminal and operating system concepts. Phone interview was a coding challenge containing two questions.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement Minesweeper   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was approached by a FB in-house recruiter, but wasn't interested at the time. I contacted her back a year later. After a couple of emails, we had an introductory call. That was followed by two phone screens, one around coding, one around Linux systems and troubleshooting. Coding phone screen was on coderpad.

Recruiter was pleasant and responsive, she even got in touch a few days after the phone screen to apologize for not having feedback yet.

Coding interviewer was not great: he offered very little in terms of interaction or clues. I coded the first problem, and he didn't question anything, yet asked me to go over it line-by-line logically. Not sure he understood what I was trying to do. As we were getting short of time, he moved onto the second question, but with too little time remaining. Overall not a great experience.

The troubleshooting interviewer was much better: we had meaningful interactions, and were able to discuss the problems he presented.

Interview Questions

• One of the coding questions was to generate a minesweeper grid (2x3) with 3 randomly-placed mines.   3 Answers

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

2 phone rounds and then reject. 1 coding and 1 technical and hr round. The coding round was from leedcode itself. Please prepare according to the description given in your job role.

Interview Questions

• Coding round: split array in such a way that their sum is same   2 Answers

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2020.

Interview

A recruiter phone interview followed by a programming interview and a system interview and finally an onsite interview. The onsite interview involved several other interviews. They did pay for travel for the onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Various linux command questions; how do you determine if a drive is full?   2 Answers
    • Using any programming language, read innate file and parse the strings to count how many times an email address is found   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contact me first. There are four hours online coding and technical interview and coding, Questions are mostly related to coding. Refer to Leetcode mid or difficult levels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

My worst interview experience ever. I felt humiliated by the recruiting team.

After the onsite interview that has 4 technical and 1 behavior sessions, they ask me to do another behavior phone interview. The same behavior interview questions were asked.

Then they gave me an offer that is much much less than my current compensation.

I would prefer them not giving me any offer at all.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions: tell a case that you failed/challenged/etc.   4 Answers

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process involved 2 technical phone screen rounds one on coding and second on systems. After technical phone screen called for 5 rounds of onsite interview 45 min each. Five rounds included: Distributed system design, Network, Behavioral, Systems and Coding.

Interview Questions

• Technical Phone Screen Coding question: You will be supplied with two data files in CSV format .
      The first file contains statistics about various dinosaurs. The second file contains additional data.
      Given the following formula, speed = ((STRIDE_LENGTH / LEG_LENGTH) - 1) * SQRT(LEG_LENGTH * g)
      Where g = 9.8 m/s^2 (gravitational constant)

Write a program to read in the data files from disk, it must then print the names of only the bipedal dinosaurs from fastest to slowest.   2 Answers
    • Technical Phone screen systems: various questions on linux internal and troubleshooting,
      few examples: Swap space, strace command, memory related troubleshooting.   1 Answer
    • Cannot Share Onsite Interview questions due to NDA. Can just provide some ideas about to prepare well on coding, design and linux systems. These are the main areas they look for. I got rejected into systems.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

One round coding phone screen asking about your resume, one coding problem and follow up.
    One round system phone screen, which focused on basic OS concepts like memory management.
    Onsite(coding, behavior, system, coding)

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

After a recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn, she gave me a 30 minute quiz where she asked me basic Linux questions.
    Next, she directed me to another recruiter who asked me one basic data structures/algorithms based question and then a file parsing question.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, determine if it is a palindrome.   1 Answer
    • Given a file with multiple columns, print the first and the third column out and find a new value based on the values of those two columns.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process begins with an online pre-screening quiz, multiple choice questions about basic OS concepts and Linux tools.

Then there are 2 phone interviews: coding and systems. Coding round is File I/O and data manipulation. Systems round they give you a troubleshooting scenario and make you drill-down on the topic.

Finally, the onsite interview consists of four total rounds: 1 behavioral, 1 systems, and 2 coding rounds. Unfortunately, I had a bad day and choked on the coding rounds.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to determine whether a string is a palindrome.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.