Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Facebook

6,446 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over email and set up a phone interview for the following week for a 15-minute call. I guess next round would have been with a hiring manager

Interview Questions

• PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE PHONE SCREENING LIGHTLY! I did and got rejected. I was expecting SQL questions and in general talk about my resume but she asked me a question on product sense and I was completely unprepared for it. Creation of Facebook user groups has gone down by 20%, what will you do? sounds simple but I messed it up so badly. I was just blabbering anything in an unstructured way, I sounded so stupid and not even fit for a small company forget Facebook. The recruiter was nice and she did not say anything but I were to hear my own answer, I would reject myself on spot. I regret it so much wish I could have prepared for it. I hope someone sees this and it helps them.

The SQL questions were easy and I did answer them correctly- what kind of joins to get only common rows, what the natural sorting order etc.   8 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Telephonic Interview: 30 mins SQL and 30 mins coding.
    Expectation: 4/5 in SQL should be correct and 3/5 in coding should be correct.

Most of the folks have already explained this process in detail so will jump on the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• want you to write me a simple spell checking engine.

The query language is a very simple regular expression-like language, with one special character: . (the dot character), which means EXACTLY ONE character (it can be any character). So, for example, 'c.t' would match 'cat' as the dot matches any character. There may be any number of dot characters in the query (or none).

Your spell checker will have to be optimized for speed, so you will have to write it in the required way. There would be a one-time setUp() function that does any pre-processing you require, and then there will be an isMatch() function that should run as fast as possible, utilizing that pre-processing.

There are some examples below, feel free to ask for clarification.

Word List:

[cat, bat, rat, drat, dart, drab]

Queries:

..... -> false
      h.t -> false
      c. -> false

// write a function
      // Struct setup(List<String> list_of_words)
      // Do whatever processing you want here
      // with reasonable efficiency.
      // Return whatever data structures you want.
      // This function will only run once

// write a function
      // bool isMatch(Struct struct, String query)
      // Returns whether the query is a match in the
      // dictionary (True/False)
      // Should be optimized for speed   18 Answers
    • Given an array of integers, we would like to determine whether the array is monotonic (non-decreasing/non-increasing) or not.
      Examples:
      // 1 4 6 3
      // false

//1 1 1 1 1 1
      // true   21 Answers
    • Calculate the average word length.
      For the given set of words return the average word length.   9 Answers
      | area_sqft | int | | gender | varchar |
      +-------------------+---------+ | date_account_opened | date |
                                            +---------------------+---------+

Question 1:
      What brands have an average price above $3 and contain at least 2 different products?

Question 2:
        To improve sales, the marketing department runs various types of promotions.
        The marketing manager would like to analyze the effectiveness of these promotion campaigns.
        In particular, what percent of our sales transactions had a valid promotion applied?

Question 3:
        We want to run a new promotion for our most successful category of products
        (we call these categories “product classes”).
        Can you find out what are the top 3 selling product classes by total sales?

Question 4:
          We are considering running a promo across brands. We want to target
          customers who have bought products from two specific brands.
          Can you find out which customers have bought products from both the
          “Fort West" and the "Golden" brands?   12 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Interview

There are initial phone screening with the HR. Then if the phone call went well, you will be scheduled to two video conferences (45 min each) that focus on "Product Sense" and "Product Execution" types of questions. Then after that's passed, you will have a 2nd round of three video conferences (45 mins each). The topics are "Product Sense, Product Execution, and Leadership." Once you passed this round, there will be about 2 weeks of reviewing process before they send out the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of the Instagram story?
      If you were the PM for FB dating app, and the users have dropped by 10%. What would you do?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied via referral. After doing a CodeSignal test, I was rejected at phone screen (even thought I did pretty well). The questions I were asked were pretty atypical, and you had to convert a real-world problem into a LC problem (like those questions where the LC problem is hidden under a weird analogy/story)

Interview Questions

• Given a database of userIds mapped to lists of names, group the names of people who have duplicate accounts (this is a graph problem, lol)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Prepare with Cracking the coding interview. Also prepare Geeks for Geeks and Leetcode for the interview preparation. It is really helpful. All the best. BE sure to be perfect in Data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

DS, Analytics Interview

Interview

referral by a friend, then recruiter reached out, then recruiter phone screen, then first round tech screen, then second technical interview. I failed the first round of tech screening. The overall process is both fast and flexible if the applicant needs time.

Interview Questions

• why DS, why Facebook, product questions, coding questions (best fit for SQL)   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

All communication channels leading up to the interview were very smooth. The interview interview itself, be specific with your examples. The interviewers were all very kind and encouraging. Good luck!

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

I got referred by a friend and then a recruiter reached out to me. I had to complete an online coding challenge within 7 days of receiving it. It had four questions to be completed within 75 minutes. Two were easy and two were hard, the time was just too little to me.

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First assessment then phone interview took place. It was kind of tricky but very doable. I liked the process it seemed friendly. I was sent an email then schedule for the phone interview. This is just the first round on bluejeans.

Interview Questions

• Find the K most frequent elements in an array   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.