ExxonMobil Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

ExxonMobil Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

Summer Interview

Interview

I got the interview through my current spupervisor who refered me to the recruiter. Only faced the initial phone interview by the team leader. Phone interview lasted for about 45 mins

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was filled with behavioral questions, pretty easy nothing tricky. The best way to respond is to give personal examples; prepare stories beforehand. Do a lot of research so you can ask intelligent questions about specifics of the company.

Interview Questions

• Not a very difficult question, just saying why would they should hire you.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I got the initial interview on campus. It has typical behavioral (at least I can't remember any technical part). They wanted to know about how I managed time, how I deal with difficult people, what do I do to meet deadlines, what do I do when I get stuck in a problem, etc. Second round was at headquarters and it was a day long interview with 30-45 minute sessions with about 5 different people. They were all one on one. All of them behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you couldn't meet a deadline. Why and what did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, submitted my resume online, got a call and they verified my information, two more phone interviews and then an in person interview in Texas. Receive a phone call saying I got the gig and that I would be working in Montana.

Interview Questions

• How has your coursework prepared you for working in industry? Name an occasion where you had to work with someone you did not get along with. How to you resolve a problem that you can't immediately find an answer to? Describe the temperature profile in a distillation column.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

Use the STAR process. You must answer using this method. S-Situation T- don't remember what this one stood for A-how you achieved or overcame the obstacle R-Result. There was two people. One asking the questions and one writing down everything you said. Asked a lot of questions to see your problem solving skills. Only hire engineers and MBA students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not agree with someone above you (higher authority).   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interviewed with school alumni which was basic behavioral interview questions for engineers and questions about resume. This was followed by an interview by an engineer at the site which was more technical. Good experience overall.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Attended several informational sessions and emailed the recruiter. Networked at the career fair and talked to different representatives from the company. First round of interview on campus at the career center. Mostly asked about my resume and behavioral questions. Overall experience is pretty good! The recruiter was very nice and approachable.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lewisburg, PA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a career fair on campus and was asked later to come out to an information meeting/dinner. The interview was scheduled a few days later on campus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a team and the results were not what you were expecting.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got this on campus interview from speaking with representatives at my university career fair. The interview was about 30 minutes in length. We mostly went over what was on my resume, including going into detail on different projects that I've listed and my past summer internships. Then I was asked about leadership positions and general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a group member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They visited my college and I handed them a resume. A few weeks later I got a call that I had been offered an interview when they visit again the next week. After interviewing I have not heard back for the last month even though I was told I would hear back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to convince others that your opinion was correct.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.