Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Application

Interview

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions

• All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process felt long, after each interview I would wait about a week to hear back. Initial phone screen was followed by an in person interview with a VP and SVP which was engaging and very good. This was then followed with another in person interview with mid level people which was generic and dull. I was also asked to come in for an interview on the same day which was odd. They also sent me a rejection email by mistake.

Interview Questions

Slow response meant that I had another offer in hand by the time they got round to making me an offer. Just felt too slow and bureaucratic.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR Phone interview, in person interview with Vice President and senior account exec. I'd sent a resume to someone I knew at the company and they passed it to HR

Interview Questions

• What from your past experience would help you do this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question
    • BioScience is different from other PR groups, is it something you're interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted a 3-month internship to hire

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Great process, very straight to the point. HR was delayed with response, but to the point when I followed up. Things were great and easy to follow. There was a phone interview first then an in-person interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.