EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process involved talking to several people on the team each of whom focused on different areas. One person focused on my technical skills, another on leadership, and a third on behavioral psych.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project that had problems and how you went about resolving those problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY in February 2019.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized for a professional services firm. There were 3 different people who scheduled interviews but none of them communicated with the managers and recruiter as it seemed. The recruiter was asking me when the interviews were and when they're scheduled and asked me to forward emails from other members of the EY team. Multiple last minute reschedules and was always scheduled for a video interview, but none of the first four interviewers showed up on video. The first interviewer was 20 minutes late to a 30 minute interview. Two of the interviewers were engaged and thoughtful, and truly cared for their jobs. Total time between first recruiter contact to final interview was 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What can you do if I sent you out to a client today?
      Why EY? Why consulting? Why do you want to leave your current firm?
      When is your next interview?
      Who did you interview with?
      Did you interview?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

5 interviewers; straight-forward; asked about experience and cultural fit; I was a returning hire so internal employees provided additional insights on my behalf; cordial process; no tricks per se; good overall experience

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy but time taking. I had a total of 4 rounds. For the final round, I was called onsite for a superday where I had 4 rounds with a mix of technical and basic questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phila, PA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

45 minute video interview that started off with standard behavioral questions followed by a case interview that dealt with a shipping and logistics problem. The end of the interview was the interviewer answering any questions that I had for EY.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in October 2016.

Interview

A series of behavioral interviews , with 2 cases. Mostly talk about your background experience with prodding technical questions and follow ups. Case interviews change every round, business cases analyzed with recommendations given in a presentation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

My interview process with EY started in December last year. After HR and first telephonic interview, I was called for my onsite round in January.

The telephonic interview was a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The onsite interview went smoothly with 4 back to back rounds having behavioral questions and resume based questions. The next day HR called me and told me that I have cleared my onsite round and final round will be telephonic partner round.

After a month delay, in February my final partner round happened which again had questions based on my experience. On February 13th, HR called me and gave me a good news via email and phone call that they would like to go ahead with me and offer me a job.

You must be thinking all went well for me. However, the major twist was about to happen. As per the HR, the business case will be created which will take 2 weeks to approve and my tentative joining date was 19th March.

I asked the HR, can a business case be rejected, to which she replied, it doesn’t happen and it will surely get approved, its just part of the process.

I was planning to visit my home country India and I asked my HR if my presence in the US will be needed or I can directly come before my joining date. To this, the HR replied to me that I can go and everything can be done online and visit my family before I start my EY journey.

Now things became strange and scary for me, after 2 weeks, I emailed my HR to ask business case status and I was told that my joining date has been delayed to 4th April as the business case is pending on the last step. I took that in my stride, thinking its just 15 days delay.

Again after 2 weeks, I was told that my joining date has been delayed and now it is April 30th as the business case is pending. This time I freaked out and got worried, I decided to come back to the US on April 5th as I was not able to understand what is happening. All this while, the answer I was getting was that my business case is pending on the last step and I am not the only one.

On April 3rd, 2 days before I was to come to the US, HR called me to tell that my joining has been put on hold indefinitely and she cannot do anything about it as the project for which I was hired has been put on hold. When I asked if there is any other project, she said that nothing can be done right now.

I came back started my job hunt again and till date, neither I have a joining date nor I am rejected by EY.

I am not putting a blame on my HR as she was doing her job and telling me what she knows. I am disappointed with the process that if the company did not know my status from Feb end, then why it was delayed till April and still in April I was given hints to apply elsewhere but was told that my joining date will come soon.

This unclear scenario created a ruckus for me and my family. From celebrating that I got a job to pull out my hair on what happened in the span of 2.5 months, I have seen it all.

I was tortured mentally by the way my case was handled and had to suffer financially from living in New York in a hope that your joining date will come soon is not cheap.

I wanted to share this experience so that EY can take steps and it does not happen to anyone in the future.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple managers one-on-one, and then with a partner. The interview was all for fit and there were no questions designed to make someone think too hard or stumble. It was very natural.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a first round phone screen with HR. Then a hirevue interview followed by a superday. HR rep went cold after the interviews with no communication despite positive feedback. Tried to follow up many times but would not answer my calls or respond to emails. Terrible interviewing experience due to lack of communication and transparency.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

took 2 weeks, two calls with recruiters and 2 with the team. Hiring manager was not much involved, but selection depends on Senior manager. Team was very helpful in navigating through the process and never felt left out.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.