EY Audit Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

EY Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.8

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. I submitted my resume, and then received a phone call several days later. I was asked a few questions, then I was called to come into the office. I met with several different people there. The questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an assistant and not a staff.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. She explains and share about herself beforehand. It was a good session, not very tense. More like discussion. The interview session last for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are you strength?
      Explain more on item pick up from your resume ie experience
      One of your challenges and how you overcome   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone Interview first. If you passed it, they will arrange for an online assessment. After that, you will be interviewed in person by a manager from the department you apply to.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Interview process was good, more of informal one there will be an initial assessment for 15 minutes which is to write an essay about any topics given topics will be general and something related to leadership or audit as per the role. Interview was informal way they check your understanding in accounts specially entries to pass. Over all it was nice.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a group interview of 5 interviewees to 2 interviewers. When an interviewer asked a question, it is up to whomever to answer. However, should one not take initiative in answering, the interviewer would make sure to direct questions at the person. Seemed like showing initiation is also a key aspect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself is the first question. As it was group interview of 5 interviewees to 2 interviewers, everyone took turns in sharing the strengths and weaknesses. There were no scenario based questions asked. There was only one accounting question at the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview was quite informal and fast. Interviewer was a SM and shared with us about the job and industry. Prior to the interview with the senior manager we were required to write a short essay

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

There was a manager & partner who conducted the group interview.

They were frank and answered truthfully to the job expectations. It was a very pleasing and relaxing experience.

For instance, I applied for the job of an audit assistant so they clearly mentioned that there will be times whereby auditors are required to perform overtime.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in your HR ability? (1-10, 10 being the best in managing relationships)   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2019.

Interview

Submit resume and CV via college
    Phone interview (choose whether to prefer to audit on financial services/hospitality/oil&gas industry)
    Online assessment (personality test)
    After 3 weeks, only they inform me for an 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the audit client industry? What has happened to them recently?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR around a week later and interview a week later. The interviewers only asked basic questions and shared with us more about the job scope. Got the offer 3 days after the interview.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Damansara (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Damansara (Malaysia)) in April 2019.

Interview

1. Phone interview - 10-15 mins
    2. Online assessment
    3. Face-to-face interview - 45mins to 1 hour

*Remember to always prepare before your interview and ask interviewee questions at the end of interview session.

Interview Questions

• Why EY?   1 Answer
    • Why choose this industry? (ie. Financial service, oil & gas, etc)   1 Answer
    • What are the challenges you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How does your involvement in co-curriculum activities apply in audit?   Answer Question
    • Have you applied to other Big 4 firms?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company and apply to EY?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.