EY Advisory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

EY Advisory Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.7

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a few weeks. The position was for Advisory Manager based in NYC in their Performance Improvement.
I had an initial conversation with the recruiter after which the First round was telephonic for about 30 min with a Senior Manager. Questions were related to the my skills and work experience. Then heard back from the Recruiter that EY wanted to meet me in person on the next Friday. Was called in on a Super day in Chicago where I met 3 Senior Managers on 1:1. At the the end of the conversation all the 3 of my interviewers told me that I was a fit and they are going to recommend me. On the next Monday I got a verbal confirmation from the recruiter saying that he is working on getting an approval for the offer. On Wednesday the recruiter cam back with an offer in line with my expectation and on Friday they sent me an actual offer.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a person in the team who is not pulling the appropriate load?
    How do you motivate your team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is extremely slow. Started off with a recruiter then the hiring manager (an Executive Director). My formal interview process was completely chaotic. Sr Managers, Partner didn't show up so they threw in random managers/sr managers to fill the spots. My Partner interview was scheduled 3x and each time he didn't make the call. I even flew to meet him and he didn't show. Ended up being a 5 min call with a another partner in a sister practice. To be honest, this has turned out to be fairly accurate of how the position actually turned out. Everyone is exceptionally overloaded and busy.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions and culture fit.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

the recruiter and hiring a manager were open and honest about the interview process. My current salary was requested in the phone screen by the recruiter. I appreciated this since it kept us from wasting each other's time.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. He let me know he had a series of categories that he was obligated to fill out but that we would just have a conversation. The interview was candid and organic as we discussed IT trends and strategy. After the interview, the recruiter gave me feedback that it went well but wasn't the right fit for this role. He encouraged me to apply for other positions. Good process even though I didn't get the job.   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Was contacted directly by the recruiters, who then kept handing me off to other recruiters internally. Felt very disorganized. The People I actually interviewed with were very good, however none of them were from the office I was interviewing for, and I did not end up working with/for any of them. Really strange. Also the HR/recruiters tend to bloviate about matters they know nothing about.

Interview Questions

• Very Typical big 4 questions....tell me about a time when Blah Blah Blah....

Why are you looking, Why are you not in a higher position, etc,   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very formulatic, so much so that I don't really remember anything about the interview process other than they were very clear that working at EY can involve an obscene amount of travel.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions. Four round with about eight people from recruiter to partner. Technique questions will be with some managers and senior managers. The hotel they booked is very nearby and very comfortable and the recruiter is very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• technique and behavior questions   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Disorganized, executed more like a small business than a big 4. Started with a greeter welcoming you in. That person is junior (maybe 3 - 5 years out of undergrad). But they are evaluating you! They give feedback to the review panel. They then put you in an assigned office and the interviewers come to you...usually in increasing level of seniority (so Manager, then Senior Manager, then Partner closes the interview). Each person is assigned to give you a different type of interview. One gives you behavioral, one gives you a skills quiz/question and the other has you talk specifically about your experiences and has more of a conversation than interview. Use the conversation as an opportunity to grill them!!! Most important to make the Senior Manager and Partner to do most of the talking.

It's really about likeability in the end. So if you're nervous, it comes through and they probably won't hire you. Best bet for nerves - bring a notepad , and when you get flustered or freaked out , pretend like you're jotting down a note until you gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions

• How my professional career experiences aligned with EY's core values   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Was referred to EY by a Recruiter. The position was for Advisory Manager based in NYC in their Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group.
    First round was telephonic for about 30 min. Questions were related to the current project and also a couple of situational questions. This happened towards mid December. Then heard back from the Recruiter that EY wanted to meet me in person. Was called in on a Super Day (Jan 23rd) where they have their team interview multiple people for different positions (all on one day)
    Had 4 interviews, 3 were with partners and one was a Senior Manager. Most of them were connected to the resume and current roles/ responsibilites and how I would fit into EY. Was more of a discussion. All the interviewers and the HR folks were very pleasant. Had a great experience!
    Response was very quicik, interviews were on a Friday and the verbal offer came through in a week's time.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, after a month they set up a phone interview with a Sr Manager

After the phone screen I received an invite for the Super day interviews with 4 Sr Managers.

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Montgomery, AL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was an Experienced hire and I would caution anyone in the process to have patience. EY does an incredible job of making sure you are good fit for their organization as well having a role on a client engagement for you to fill prior to taking any serious action on the process. I did a phone interview first which was pretty routine. They then flew 2 Senior Managers to my location to interview me in person. Following a successful recommendation from that interview I was put in touch with an HR rep who managed the process from there. I was provided a verbal offer which was quickly followed by a written offer... PATIENCE is the key!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you see yourself fitting into our organization...   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.