ESBI Investment Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

ESBI Investment Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ESBI

1 Interview Review

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very well structured, you would start by introducing yourself, then the case study, and finally they will ask questions (one question per interviewer) on the three competencies required for the role. Must have specific examples for each question and you must follow STAR (Situation, target, action, result) when answering them.
I felt pretty confortable with my interviewers, except with the HR (I had to wait for 20 mins for her, and it seemed she wasn't even bother to hear what i had to say during the interviewz.

Interview Questions

• Case study
    Objective
    Please could you talk us through the following case study, allowing c. 10 minutes for your overview and c. 10 minutes for questions. Please note that this is a verbal exercise so no slides are to be presented. Make sure to respect the above timing.
    We are not looking for a detailed response but more interested in your understanding of the major issues/risks and the potential recommendations.
    Case study
    You are a member of a team reviewing the asset allocation of a pension scheme. You have the following information about the scheme:
    Results from the last valuation:
    Assets: €800m
    Liabilities: €1,000m

The pension scheme has an agreed funding proposal with the regulator and receives appropriate contributions from the sponsoring employer

Current asset allocation

Multi Asset Funds
    Global Property
    Hedge Funds
    Global Private Equity

A. What additional information if any do you need to assess the investment risk of the scheme? (You will need to make some assumptions to respond to the below questions)
    B. What are the key investment risks of the scheme in your opinion?
    C. What changes to the asset allocation, either now or in the future or both, would you suggest addressing these risks?
    D. What would be your headline advice on this pension scheme?   1 Answer
  • An example of teamwork?
    Example on how I handled comunicating with multiple stakeholders at the same time?
    example how i dealt with a tight deadline.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.