EF English First Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

EF English First Interview Questions

Interviews at EF English First

2.4

Elementary ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EF English First (China, ME (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Terrible experience with one of your agencies in China. I felt prepared enough for the interview and could give clear answers. Got a email 2 days later stating that the company regrets to inform that they will not proceed with my application because they decided to take someone else who WILL fit the CULTURE - - I felt EXTREMELY offended. How racist? What makes you think I will not fit in with Chinese culture? Wow. Really shows how narrow minded that is, and as a recruiter that represents your company to say that to someone? Maybe give some tips on how to improve since we maybe do not sound "white" for your company ??

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked millions of questions, I got put off that he/she did not provide information about the company, what EF English first has to offer (fortunately I read up about the agency).   Answer Question

Head of World Languages Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF English First (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview questions were both challenging and relevant. The Head of School/Executive Director clearly understood the mission of the school and the needs of reaching at risk students in urban schools. The interview was also divided into scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach teaching a difficult lesson.   1 Answer

Native English Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX (US)

Interview

The interview was great! The person interviewing me was very nice. It was all done over the computer. I did not feel like I was trying to sell myself. You hear about many of the online English companies requiring several mock class interviews, but the interviewer did not make me perform any mock classes or demonstrations.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions. Nothing too hard!   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF English First.

Interview

I applied online and got a response via email to schedule a phone interview/screen within 2 days. The phone screen lasted around 15 minutes and the questions were just basic conformation of the requirements- passport, bachelor degree, TEFL cert, and any teaching experience.

I then had an interview with a recruiter via Zoom. I did have some technical difficulties using Zoom- I prefer using Skype for interviews- but it was overall ok.

The interview questions were more personality-based than teaching based, and mostly had to do with how one handles stress, time management, and working with others. There were no specific questions on teaching experience-although I did try and use my experience as an example in my responses. Because you only express a preference for which cities you would like to work it, it is a bit hard to get a picture of day to day life in the city until you actually receive an offer.

After the interview, I was asked to complete a neutral accent activity, which was just reading a paragraph and recording it.

I received an offer within 2 days after the Zoom interview. I ended up declining the interview to work with a school that offered a better compensation package- large housing stipend. In comparison, my interview with that company was much more teaching based- I taught a short mini-lesson, described my teaching philosophy, etc. This interview felt quite generic in comparison, but I think would be a good experience for someone without much teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you felt overwhelmed?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

EF Kids and Teens Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF English First (Raleigh, NC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone screen within 24 hours. I was then scheduled to interview via video conference. Interviewing isn't a strength of mine. Ironically, I am more comfortable with kids than I am adults. After looking at the reviews on here and watching youtube videos, I am glad I wasn't offered a position. Dodged a bullet. Company culture appears to be relatively more conservative and rigid than other companies in the same field. I have an interview with a smaller program tomorrow. Wish me good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were overwhelmed.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were a part of a long-term project and everything went wrong/   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and a coworker had a misunderstanding or a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were confronted with an issue of problem at work where the resolution was not clear.   Answer Question

English As A Second Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF English First (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The process was simple and the interviewers were very helpful and down to earth. I did not make it to the third and last interview, but I believe it would be one of the most beneficial places to work (in China)

Interview Questions

• What do you do once you become frustrated with a task? (give an example)   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EF English First (Phila, PA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I zoomed called the recruiter, who was very nice and answered every question that I had. Not very difficult whatsoever, just be prepared to talk about yourself. When you struggled with something, quarreled with a group member, over coming challenges etc...

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF English First (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was super easy and personal. They really wanted to get to know me and what would work best for me. I applied online then a recruiter contacted me and interviewed me on video chat.

Interview Questions

• They asked to give a lot of examples of times you have overcome problems and obstacles.   Answer Question

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EF English First (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype. It was straightforward and the interviewer made me feel at ease quickly. After asking me a few questions about my teaching experience and background, he took me on a virtual tour of the teaching platform and answered questions I had about teaching in a virtual environment.

Interview Questions

• The primary question was: Why did you decide to teach ESL in general?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF English First.

Interview

I applied online, then had a skype interview which included some quick association questions and a teaching demo. After the quick association part, my interviewer would follow up on any of my answers that she had questions with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.