Dixons Carphone Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Dixons Carphone Interview Questions

Interviews at Dixons Carphone

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone in September 2018.

Interview

It was a quick sit-down with the team leader, where she asked some questions about my CV and schedule availability. After the interview, I talked to the General Manager and HR Manager to set up employment details.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience in a similar environment.   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Acton, London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First step was an interview with their talent recruiter before a second interview with the direct line manager. Apparently there would have been a third step with the group CEO which was already putting me off the company as it gives the impression that no one can make a decision on their own.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you do about Carphone, what do you think Carphone's next big challenge is?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mile End, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Mile End, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy, very informal and laid back. Applied online and got a call back from store manager within 3 weeks i suppose. On the phone he asked me a few very basic questions ie what im doing now and what im looking for. He then invited me in. At the interview, we went through my cv with interviewer and started the job 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• what experience i have in customer service   2 Answers

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Brno (Czech Republic)) in July 2018.

Interview

One very short interview with an HR rep, one face-face interview with the team leader and one interview with the team manager.

There was a relatively easy programming test (solve a real-world-like problem).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in March 2008.

Interview

asked all the things which I think was irrelevant because i knew this job was going to be offered as there were no emp in the technology they were looking for in kerala...so i was sure the technical rounds and HR rounds were irelevant for anything ...whats distance between my house and office and convert them into different formats of measures and how would you interpret the data.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

barely any chance to negotiate....take it or leave it

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Was a really pleasant experience. Three-part interview: meeting with the hiring manager, followed by the development manager, followed by a technical lead. Everyone I met was polite and conversation was free-flowing. It felt less like a interrogation (in the typical question and answer structure) and more like a free-flowing conversation about technologies I'd been using and they were using, (during which they were able to probe my knowledge and understanding).

Interview Questions

• Technical task (simple vanilla JS function written on paper), followed by questions (some multiple choice, some single / multiple line answers), followed by 1:1 conversations with the development manger and technical lead.   Answer Question

Dixons Carphone Response

18 Jan 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for reviewing your experience - we're happy to hear you had a good experience.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Good Process, very friendly team and atmosphere, role was just not as it had been advertises. can be misleading to some but overall a good and insightful experience. Would recommend, just know exactly what you want from the job before attending the interview.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was simply called while I was abroad.
    Skype call didn't succeed as interviewer didn't manage to use Skype.
    I was then called via normal telephone.

Interviewer seemed brisk and superficial, a bit rude — I was second choice after candidate initially chosen failed on the job. I performed well so this makes me think interviewer wasn't very good at choosing the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference from display:inline and display:block?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Doncaster, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very generic, nothing too special. Some practical aspect but it's easy. Lasted about an hour or so. Found out a couple of days after if I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Standard sort of interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't go to the interview working for this company would be a mistake

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Carphone (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional, straight to the point, relevant questions and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I was invited to the interview after applying internally. The interview was conducted by the department manager and a member of the HR team. I got an offer few days after.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would manage multitasking in a corporate environment where multiple critical IT issues would occur at the same time.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.