Direct Line Group Interview Questions

Updated 11 Sep 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 225 of over 225 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Direct Line Group

Application

I interviewed at Direct Line Group

Interview

Very lengthy but straightforward and easy to get through. Standard interview questions but with a role play involvement too. Interviewer was very friendly and seems like a good place to work

Direct Line Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group

Interview

I applied using my CV once I found the job on Indeed. Shortly after I received an invite to complete job specific scenarios where I had to rank the best action or response to take. Following this, I was invited to answer timed questions on a video platform which would be reviewed by someone after submission. A few days later I received an invite to a online interview with a member of the group which involved STAR technique interview questions and a roleplay activity. The roleplay scenario made me very nervous however the employee interviewing me was very friendly and put me at ease. The next day I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you want to work in insurance? Q: Why do you want to work for DLG? Q: How would you lead a team where people had conflicting opinions? Q: Tell me about a time you've given excellent customer service Q: Tell me about a time where you've worked to strict deadlines/worked to achieve a goal
    Answer Question

Direct Line Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in Aug 2022

Interview

I applied via the company website, then received an email that invited me to complete an online assessment followed by a 'video interview' answering three questions. This part I passed and got a call from a lovely lady to tell me more about the job and set up an appointment for a Teams interview. Unfortunately the interviewer for this part was not very friendly, did nothing to put me at ease, also explained I'd be doing a different job to what the initial lady had said which totally put me off. The interviewer was not looking at the camera whilst interviewing, and had a large window behind her which meant she was jut a silhouette, I couldn't see her face. The microphone kept picking up ambient office sounds and cutting off the first part of her questions. Didn't help that I was very nervous to start with but the interview wasn't very professional, was more like she was completing an online questionnaire and not interested in me as a person and my experience and qualifications. I'd spent several hours preparing with the information I'd be told about on the phone call to prepare for the interview but wasn't asked any of the questions except re the company behaviours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Direct Line Group

Application

I interviewed at Direct Line Group

Interview

Not a great experience, they never got back to me after a face to face interview and seemed dismissive throughout. It’s seemed a very corporate office and not a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Direct Line Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in Jul 2022

Interview

1st Interview with a hiring manager - portfolio review 2nd Design challenge presentation After the 2nd interview, I needed to wait for one month and they ended up telling me that they are no longer recruiting for this role due to the cost or whatever. I found this very respectful as I put lots of time into the design challenge, which was directly related to their product. The interviewers seem nice, but it was horrible that they stopped hiring for this role for no reason and they asked candidates to do a design challenge relating to their own product. I was just wasting my time and even worked for them with no money by doing their job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Direct Line Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in Jul 2022

Interview

Applied online Application shortlisted Two rounds of interview, Two hiring managers in first round followed by the Director and Chapter Lead in Second round. It was overall a great interview process. Job offered on the same day after the second round.

Interview Questions
  • What do I know about the role and DLG Group? How I can be a good fit for the Organisation?

Direct Line Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in Jun 2022

Interview

Submitted CV, 15 part questionnaire where 1 being likely and 4 unlikely, submitted a video interview answering 3 questions, then final live interview with an interviewer. I respect the rigorous process DLG undertake, to sieve out the best people they want to hire. However, the process is impersonal and detached. You have to be prepared to sit in front of a screen, not actually speaking to anyone, that was a little off putting. I passed that stage, and then was quickly offered a final live interview. The interviewer instantly did not make me feel at ease, I'm an excellent judge of character and I go with my instincts, this person was 'stuffy' and inert. I had to be asked which role / area I had applied for. I guess it was positive he called me by my name though. I think DLG are looking for robots to read from a script to be frank. My recruitment consultant advised me to swot up on DLG values, and to base my answers around those. The email attachment stated "The competency based interview will be based on the Direct line Group valves so take a look at these on our careers site and start thinking of examples from your past experience where you have lived these values. To give you an example, one of our vales is "work together" so we may ask questions like "give us an example of a time when you've worked as part of a team". In the live interview I was barely asked 1 question based on 'values', the rest were based on DLG behaviours, ok fine, but I was not allowed to link my answers to any past experience/s at all? The interviewer declined me to link with experience, hence they need to find robots, not an actual live person. The questions are focused around teams, sales and targets. I did not apply for a sales role, whilst I understand I would be working as part of the sales team, I was under the impression I would be looking after business customers. I'm capable of sales yes, but my area of expertise is customer service. Next came the role play sent via email just before it starts. You're given 15 minutes to prepare, to read through 3 pages of quite a vast amount of information, based on 4 scenarios. Obviously you will not know the scenario, so be prepared to retain as much information as you can. Just before it started I was wishing I had declined the interview; 1, I applied for an apprentice role, however due to my holiday dates I was asked to interview for the commercial, 2 it just didn't feel right for me. After reading many DLG reviews I'm not sure the culture is all that positive. I hope this review helps.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Doncaster, England) in Jun 2022

Interview

So far I have completed the first 3 steps of the interview process. I’m enjoying learning more about the company. I am awaiting a date for my assessment and I hope to be a part of the team in the near future.

Interview Questions
  • Why would I like to work for direct line group?

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England

Application

I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Cheltenham, England)

Interview

Was straightforward and easy. Well structured and I was allowed enough time to think about my responses. Interviewers were friendly, positive and encouraging. They provided indepth information about the role and the interview process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Borehamwood, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Borehamwood, England) in May 2022

Interview

There was an online assessment, a virtual interview and an live online interview. I thought the process was brilliant...very interactive. More fun than a normal interview and you can tell they want the right people for the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Interviews