Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Principal Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Cork) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a great interview experience as everything went very smooth, starting from arranging interview to giving face to face interview. After the interview, HR gave me a quick response in few days that i have been selected.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

This was all started off with a referral . I had received a call roughly a week after i was referred . There was first a HR interview over the phone, followed by a couple of phone telephonic screen interviews. This was then followed by an in person interview with Sr Director .

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly technical areas including custom development of asp.net apps, C#, SharePoint Search, Custom web parts development from my recent and past experiences. Detailed questions around my current projects, architecture, design and customizations.   Answer Question

Project Program Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

University Recruiting - three interviews, mostly for cultural fit. One interview with university recruiter then two interviews with hiring manager. The process lasted a few weeks and next steps were always provided.

Senior Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Spoke initially on the phone after receiving an email to confirm an interest in the position. An on-site interview was scheduled and held with 2 managers. It consisted of a few technical questions followed by some situational response questions, then they wanted to see how I would respond to a staged email that explained a client who had a previous issue they felt took an extended length of time to resolve.

Interview Questions

• if a customer called in saying their computer did not work, how would you start the troubleshooting process?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Hiring manager sent a email to me to decide the talk time. Then gave me 10 mins QA, just about the experience. Then chose a time to talk to their manager later. Waiting for interviewing with manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience about previous projects, expectation of salary.   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On campus recruiting. Came for company presentation and offered on site visit. Application was also via on campus portal. All very standard.

Now here's the weird part:
    Your chances in being hired are dictated by the happy hour prior to your interview. Not a screening call or interactions with the company the months leading up. Or, what most normal companies do, the interview.

I feel that the process automatically discounts introverts trying to become extroverts. Its one thing if an 'airport test' was chatting with a recruiter over drinks. An entirely different thing if over 30 candidates are expected to enter social circles and ask questions 'correctly'. That's not normal inter company interaction. Everyone in this process is concerned about receiving an offer, so no one is truly authentic. If Dell was trying to judge fit, then this is quite possibly the worst way to gague anything real out of a person.

Anyway, the happy hour dictates the type of interview you receive the next day. Do well and you will receive a very light conversational interview. Do badly and be prepared for a borderline hostile interview bombarded with questions without a chance to catch your breath. I've gone through hundreds of interviews prior to B school and never experienced one where I felt so uncomfortable by the tone and pace of the interviewer, especially since Dell misleadingly tells all their candidates to enter in a very conversational mindset (which I've confirmed that my colleagues who had positive reactions the night before received a much lighter interview).

I'd love to work for Dell in theory...but not if this is their hiring process. This process makes me question Dell's ability to gauge talent and how they make advancement decisions internally overall.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn the most last night at the happy hour reception?   1 Answer
    • Why did you register for the timeslot you did and what was your strategy?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite Dell product?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. Very professional, asked good questions, listened to my responses and asked good follow up questions. No big surprises or trick questions, more of a fact finding call.

Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)).

Interview

While attempting to schedule the call portion of the interview, the HR person had ghosted me, then I randomly received a rejection letter. There were other parts of the communication where HR had seemed absent-minded, and apologized for missing a call because of an unexpected meeting. Waste of my time, and shockingly unprofessional for a large company.

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nolensville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nolensville, TN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Nashville- Inside Sales Rep 2 for the Small Business Division.
    Video Interview. Standard STAR type questions. Quick follow up resulted in a face to face to interview with a small business sales manager and sales coach. Interview was informative but relaxed. Really made me feel comfortable and excited for the next step in the process.
    Still waiting to hear back as no offer has been offered as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had an upset customer and you handled the situation?

What goals have been set and how you achieved them in previous employment?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was hurried to find a replacement for their newly vacant position, so the overall experience was streamlined and quick. There were a multitude of emails and phone interviews going from person to person within the department until they reached a decision.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your process or routine to bridge the communication gap between you and a potential client to determine the scope of a creative project.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

This was a Phone interview. They do a screening with hr then do an phone interview with a manager. Interview lasted all of 30 minutes. They were prompt in their phone call.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.