Delft University of Technology Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Delft University of Technology

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 66 candidate interviews
Delft University of Technology
Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

I already knew the supervisor since I had worked under him, hence based on my CV and motivation I got selected for the position. But the process is simple. And depends on the position , supervisor and your study loads

Interview Questions
  • What is your motivation for the position? and they also judge if your experience aligns with the position
    Answer Question
Delft University of Technology
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

First round with CV, recommendation and motivation letter check. Second round where you need to present a recent work like a master thesis. Here, you are questioned about technical details and personal motivation. The interview is done with 3 people from PDEng staff team

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

First a written motivation with CV attached. Two interviews, with an assignment after the second one. Interview was unpleasant, did not get the chance to ask questions. Also did not call me as promised but emailed.

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in Mar 2021

Interview

firstly I found the PhD position online (TUDelft website) and applied for it. then. after a couple of weeks, they emailed me for a Zoom screening Interview. In this round, three professors ( Two of which were the advisors of the position), asked me about my overall background and why I am interested in this position, and how it is connected to my background. it took about 15 minutes. after a couple of days, they invited me for a full interview in around 13 days. in this round, I had to present my approach for starting the project in 15', so a good effort for studying relevant literature was required. this presentation was followed by about 20minutes of Q&A by four people from two faculties, and one from the university research institute. Questions were both from the general level to more specific and professional ones. why you want to earn a PhD and not work in the industry?(screening interview) Why you think of yourself as a good candidate for this position?(screening interview) one specific question about my masters degree and its relevance to the project.(screening interview) about 4-7 questions specific to the project and my presentation.(Full interview) 3-4 general questions on my approach to earning a PhD and on my current position( whether I am applying for other PhD positions, ...)(Full interview) one question on my artistic attitudes( completely irrelevant to the project, but related to one of my skills in in my CV)(Ful Interview)

Interview Questions
  • 1. about 4-7 questions specific to the project and my presentation. 2. 3-4 general questions on my approach to earning a PhD and on my current position( whether I am applying for other PhD positions, ...) 3. one question on my artistic attitudes( completely irrelevant to the project, but related to one of my skills in in my CV)
Delft University of Technology
Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

I found the job position online at academic transfer, then applied with CV and motivation letter. I was invited to an interview and after that got a proposal from them.

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in Apr 2020

Interview

I sent an email with the requested documents (CV, cover letter, copy of master's thesis, list of references) to a HR representative. I was invited for a 30-minute video interview with 3 members of the research group 3-4 weeks later. They asked me a lot of questions about why I resigned from my previous position and my career aspirations. They did not ask anything about my skills, education, or experience. They instead asked me about skills which I did not possess (which were not listed as requirements for this project). It seemed to me that they did not go through my application materials properly and were not really interested in hiring me. They also asked me about my nationality and sounded negative that I did not include this information in my CV. I received a generic rejection email the next day. Successful candidates would be required to create a presentation of the research plan and present it to a panel during a second interview.

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology in Feb 2020

Interview

Voor dit proces heb ik alleen het Online interview gehad. Ik ben niet verder gekomen dan het eerste gesprek met een externe recruiter. Afgewezen door een recruitment assistant telefonisch met goede uitleg dat ik te weinig relevante ervaring had voor de rol. Maar wel een interessant profiel.

Interview Questions
  • Waar verwacht jij complexiteit in de rol?
  • Kan je omschrijven hoe jij verwacht dat de verschillende teamrollen samenwerken?
Anonymous Employee in [location]
Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

I was asked questions about what I could and not do, if I could hear them well and what I had done in the past. It was online and I was wearing a shirt.

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Application

I interviewed at Delft University of Technology

Interview

You need to check the vacancy page and apply through that page. The supervisor will check your CV and if it is good enough you will be invited to an interview.

Interview Questions
Delft University of Technology
Anonymous Employee in Delft
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delft University of Technology (Delft)

Interview

Document submission online. Interview in Delft with three interviewers - 1-2 teachers and 1-2 coordinator. If applicant is outside Europe interview is done via Skype. Applicant must do a short presentation on MSc thesis or similar relevant scientific work.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation faced while working in a team
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews