Cymax Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Cymax Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at Cymax Stores

2.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores.

Interview

started with a call with recruiter. after that had a meeting with the controller and manager. all seemed to be very normal process. they were friendly. seemed to know that they were talking about.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter after I applied online and I had the first HR screening interview with and then had two rounds of interviews with managers from Cymax. The process took too long (about 2 months) and the behavioral interview was a joke. I was told there is no right or wrong answer, but then the guy who asked me the questions made me feel extremely uncomfortable and didn’t accept any answer I gave him. He was extremely condescending. I wish I had just walked out!

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by email within about a week of applying to set up a phone interview. The call was short, maybe about 15 minutes, and the recruiter was very nice. I was then invited for an in-person interview with two managers. I spoke with each of them one on one and they were also very nice. After the interview they let me know the next day.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions like: what are 3 strengths and one weakness, describe your dream job, how do you settle disagreements in a team setting, do you prefer teamwork or leadership. No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

BI Analyst Role Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores in April 2018.

Interview

First step - Intial interview, 2nd interview (technical) with Director of Data Science
    Job description says BI Analyst and the question asked by the interviewer is related to data science as they don't know difference between Descriptive and predictive analytics

Interview Questions

• Mathematical question asked to assess maths skill but the director of data science don't know 1.25 percent of 20000, Some SQL questions, questions related to OLAP, star and snow flake schema   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview One: Group interview with about 5-6 others. Asked basic questions like how we would handle a difficult customer and what animal we most identify with. Very casual.

Interview Two: Sales manager gives you a weird test about Cymax values that you have to attempt to guess correctly on. There's not studying or prep - I guess to see what you think Cymax values are. Once finished the interview focuses mostly on your test answers. They do try and trip you up and make you feel like you aren't saying the right thing - i'm not sure why.

I was offered the job at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer becoming irate with you over the phone?   1 Answer

Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Aisling is wonderful. funny, if overworked, and i clicked with her right away. The in-person interview with Anna was more difficult but long and meaningful. I was very motivated afterward. But it led to me being hired and was worth the experience. I started within a few days after my final interview. It all went downhill after about 10 months.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone Screen and in person interview

Very friendly and informal interview. I think that is a reflect of the easygoing culture. As most tech companies, the environment was friendly and young.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymax Stores.

Interview

We setup a phone interview screen. Standard questions. HR asked to setup another interview. They gave me the time&date but it conflicted with my schedule. I replied back asking for reschedule. They didn't reply back until 1 week later. Really looks bad on their part. Didn't allow me to pick date&time.

Resolutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

A 2 stage interview, the first of which was a group interview, followed by a solo interview approximately 2 or 3 days later. It was a simple straight forward interview followed by a written test. The interviewers are usually very amiable and take you for a tour of the office as well. The office itself is a little odd on one side is the lively call center and the other is the IT & some other people who do things with products. It seems a little divided in that sense with a glass wall seperating the two sides.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Here's your pay, here is your contract.

Online Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

When they called me to set up an in-person interview, they also conducted a small 5-10 minute introductory interview on the spot, asking pretty basic questions (what appealed to you about this role, what is your ideal working environment, etc...).

The in-person interview was composed of two parts: a traditional interview and an excel test. The interview questions were very standard. You are given 30 minutes to complete the Excel test, and is composed of VLookup and conditional formatting-type questions.

The final part of the interview process is a take-home test that examines your attention to detail, accuracy, basic html coding skills, research skills, and written proficiency. The test is very easy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.