Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Citi

4,218 Interview Reviews

2.9

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

Online survey, resume uploaded. Phone interview followed by in person interview at which I was offered the job an given a shift choice. Interviewer was personable and paid attention to my answers. It was conversational and I appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Shift differential was available, one had to choose shift immediately. No other negotiation.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and other paralegals individually. Beautiful and relaxed environment. Asked questions regarding my work experience with scanning documents and organization skills. Gave a review of a typical work day with examples of scanning; how I decided which folder documents went into and what volume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience scanning?   3 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Total waste of time. Interviewers are looking for employees who will make them look good, fearful of losing their positions by engaging with qualified candidates. (High turnover/job losses due to merger)

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Basically nothing substantive   4 Answers

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (San Antonio, TX (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I placed my resume online and the assistant emailed me and asked if I would like to submit my resume to her then the hiring assistant called me interviewed to do a phone interview she liked my answers so she scheduled me for a formal interview face to face with the hiring manager. The manager hiring me within 10 minutes into my interview she gave me an offer which I did accept it right away..

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my job history and what I like most about my previous jobs and what I liked least. Then She asked why did I want to work for Citibank and what I would bring to the company.   3 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

3 separate 1:1 interviews with managing directors of the company. One was asking about leadership competences, second one more about technical skills and the last one primarily was focusing on personality.
    Be prepared to give specific examples and do not over-complicate.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you lead a team, what were the challenges?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Amherst, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and through a referral who also received my application. Called back about a week later for a phone call with a VP and to schedule an interview. The interview was straight forward, the usual tell me about yourself...strengths/weaknesses hardly any technical questions which was a little odd. Overall, the interviewers felt aloof and disconnected to reality, and I didn't leave with a positive impression of employees and the Amherst offices. Got a call another week later saying they would like to hire me. Went over compensation packages and declined almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is bond duration? (not difficult, but relative to the questions asked)   2 Answers

Salary is LOW

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was on campus with a Current Associate. The second round was a back to back series of interviews in NY. There I interviewed with current associates, HR representatives and senior managers.
    I do not recall specific interview questions but all the interviews were behavioral. There was also a small case about current challenges for the business.

Interview Questions

• How would you price a new credit card?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

I can't believe how much better life is after changing brokers. Eric and Allen in the GV office are a dream team. There is always someone offering to help, they are so patient. Pretty office too. I have surprised myself how many deals I can close working here. It's so nice to wake up in the morning excited about going to work.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Long and drawn out w/ multiple informational interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about working capital and its affect on valuation.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

Campus interview, which was 2:1; then a day of interviews in NYC with various members of the group at all different levels. Most of the questions were behavioral - asked about past work experiences, how work is relevant to the job, etc. I was asked a couple of basic finance 101 questions, but nothing too severe. Overall a pretty relaxed interview process

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.