Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.5

Teller Interview

Interview

basic questions phone interview and then in person - the most important thing is to connect with your branch manager. Mine was amazing - shout out to Shaban! Be sharp and prepared for the general questions, training is well structured

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process is long. First, there is an Online assessment. Then, there is a “video interview”. After completion of those, a telephone interview with a recruiter. Then, an actual physical interview with two people from the company. So, basically you’re interviewing 3 to 4 times for one job over the course of several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were running behind schedule on a project and describe what you did to get back on track   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first interview was online. I had to go through a few scenarios and respond with what would be most appropriate to do during that situation and what would be least appropriate. Next, there was questionnaire asking around 50 questions where I could either agree or disagree with the statements. The second interview was an online recorded interview. There were around 7-12 questions. You get 2 mins to prepare your answer and then 3 mins to record it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult that you overcame. How did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very quick and easy process, some of the questions were odd but overall very easy. The hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. Only thing is that the hourly wage is way too low to be competitive with other banks.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

You submit an online application. If all goes well, within 2 weeks you get an invitation for a one way online video interview which comprises of 18 regular interview questions which you are given 2-3mins to think and construct your responses. If you do well in this stage, you usually get a call back from a recruiter to set up an in person interview. In my case after I completed the online video interview, I got a call back the next day and an in-person interview was scheduled in 3 days. I was interviewed at a branch different from where I actually applied to. It was a two round process, first interview was with a Lead Teller and second with a Relationship Banker. The interview itself was very informal, conversational, easy and laidback. It felt more like having a conversation with a new friend and my interviewers were very nice and friendly and made me feel at home. They do take note of your responses to each question while you speak. In the end, I was told to expect to hear back within a week. Well 3 days later, I got a call and was offered the position which I accepted. No negotiations, hourly rate was pretty much set and fixed! ( I took a pay cut btw)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how do you feel about technology, teamwork, why should I hire you over other candidates, sell me this pen, why do you want this position etc.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Staten Island, NY (US)).

Interview

Saw the job posting online. Applied directly through the website. Received an e-mail from HR about scheduling a phone interview. A couple of days later, we did the interview. It was very basic. Why are you looking for work here? Tell us about yourself? Previous experiences? Etc etc. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview at a local branch. Met with the branch manager and the head teller. Very straight forward process.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbia, MD (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. One over the phone and the other one face to face with two managers. One manager was from my branch and the one was from another branch.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Great Neck, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a total of three interviews and an assessment test over the span of three weeks. The final interview was very brief, the interviewer had an attitude about him but overall asked very standard questions. Some of the things that he asked were how are you with technology, what has your previous job experience, have you ever had to explain a policy to a customer before?

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Shreveport, LA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

You apply online. If selected you do an online assessment. Once you have your results and you pass, there is a video interview where you record yourself via webcam. Once that is complete if you move on you have a face to face with your manager.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

not very clear as to when or how you will hear a response as to when or if you will be hired; first you take an online assessment and then you submit an online interview and then wait and wait for a call back to see if they ask you to an interview at the branch

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.