Capital One Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Find jobs for Senior Customer Service Representative

Capital One Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.7

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Received a invitation to complete a one way video interview where they ask a few questions. Give you time to prepare your response and then record your answer. The recruiter liked what he heard and invited me for a face to face interview on site. There were two parts to the interview. One part was in the STAR format and the other was a job fit interview. My interviewers made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Took a while to get a response due to the holiday season.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Fill out app /assessment online, if chosen recruiter will call you, pick interview day and time. Interview was one on one and asked 4 questions- use STAR method to answer

Interview Questions

• Name Ways you multi task, name a time you had a problem with a customer, name a time you had to deliver bad news to customer/ coworker, name a difficult situation a customer gave you   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was very different from what I was used to, but nonetheless very helpful. I first applied about a month ago and then received an email within a week stating they’d like to move forward with my application and sent me a link for an assessment. The assessment is pretty much just a call center simulation and you’re answering fake customer calls where they test you to see what type of things you’d say to the customer and how diligent you are with accessing multiple softwares at the same time. This is timed. Then after about a week I received another email to do a video interview where there were about 5 or 6 behavioral/situational questions they ask. You have 3 minutes to prepare your answer and then 3 minutes to record your answer. After about 3 or 4 days I received a phone call from my recruiter to discuss the position and it’s pay. We then set up an in person interview for 2 days later. The interview was very straightforward and it was star formatted questions. My interviewer was very polite and friendly she made me feel as if I was already apart of the team. We had small talk in between questions, and before and after the interview started, which made me very comfortable and welcomed. Just go into the entire experience with an open mind and always be yourself. The people at Capital One want you to be successful within the role you’re applying for so they give you as much advice as possible and prepare you greatly for the interview. That goes to show the amazing culture of Capitals One.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where a customer did not adhere to store policy and what did you do? How did the guest respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time where a customer couldn’t make a decision on something and how did you help them? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within 2 days received an email from their Recruiter asking to complete an online One-Way Video interview.
    The online interview consisted of 15 questions with each one containing different scenarios and you have 3 minutes to record your answer. Very easy process as you also have 3 minutes to prepare your answer.
    Received a call from the recruiter next day for another quick screening and a breakdown of job duties, pay, etc. Was then scheduled for an interview with Manager from Capital One.
    This is a Behavior interview so I would suggest you Google for some examples of the types of questions they will ask. I was asked about 5 questions.
    *Tip* At the end of the interview she asked me if I had any questions for her. Very important you ask some questions. I asked (1) Why do you like working at Capital One & (2) I asked about the team I would be on etc.
     Interviewer was very nice and the entire thing lasted about an hour.
    It can take up to a week to get a final response but I was called 3 days later with an offer. I am currently in the process of Background checks, drug test etc. Very excited to becoming a part of the Capital One team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a successful call with a Customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you encountered (at work or in personal life) something un-ethical and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview process, but done 100% on the phone. Pretty much the normal interview questions you see these days. This was very quick with one screening call to get through to the interview. The whole interview took 45 minutes. The company is still interviewing, so as of right now I do not know whether I got the promotion or not.

Interview Questions

• What was one recent thing that you had to come up with a unique decision on?   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit long. My hire date was pushed back for 3 weeks. The actual interview was a breeze. Very laid back and even though I interviewed with two people I did not feel overwhelmed. They asked me to role play as if I was on a call. They told me about the company, what department I would be working in, and the business hours to see if it would be good for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I felt I would best fit their company.   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I received an online assessment after submitting my application for this position. The online assessment consisted of mock phone calls where you need to look up the customers information through name phone number and account number. The rest of the assessment was objective and there is a typing test at the very end. It's been a few days and no reply from the recruiter so I'm assuming that it's a no-go

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Rolling Meadows, IL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online; a few days later, I received an email with an invitation to take a HireVue Interview (video/one way interview). Pretty basic, behavioral questions that took about 45 minutes to complete. A few days later, I received a phone call from a recruiter who told me more about the role, and then scheduled me to come in for a face to face interview. Face to face interview lasted only 10-15 minutes. The manager literally only asked me 4 behavioral questions and then told me that a recruiter would call me... it made me think they weren't interested in me, but three days later, a recruiter called me and offered me the position.

Recruiter has been very thorough and helpful throughout. Right now, I'm going through the hiring process of background checks, fingerprints, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, what did you do to resolve the issue and what was the result.
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Did the application online, got an email for the video chat interview a week later, and a call for a face to face interview a week later. Went in and had a two part interview with 2 managers in the department and had them tell me that someone will contact me with further steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a customer that wasn't happy with store policy, what did you do, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Throughout the entire interview, I felt as if they already knew who they were going to hire. The interviewer was not very attentive. The interview itself was fairly easy, just beware that there are a lot of people interviewing for the same position, so be prepared to deliver.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.