Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Capital One

4,423 Interview Reviews

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a screening call with an HR rep where the interview process was explained. The first round would be a case style interview over the phone and the second round would be the final round and it would be a "product" interview. I prepared for the case interview but felt that the interview did not go well. Case style interviews are not easy to do over the phone and the interviewer moved very quickly giving me a lot of information in a short period of time making it very difficult to be able to collect my thoughts to give a thoughtful answer. The interviewer was willing to repeat information when I asked and assisted me when I had trouble with answering a question. I did not advance to the next round of interviews. When the HR rep reached out to inform me that I did not advance, I asked for the contact information of my interviewer to thank him for his time and see if he would be willing to talk with me briefly about what I could do to improve my preparation for future case style interviews and I was informed that Capital One does not give interview feedback. I was very unimpressed by this response. I was trying to be proactive and was told I wouldn't be able to receive feedback. To me, this is a reflection of Capital One's culture and it does not appear that there is as good of a culture as is portrayed on the company website. This left me with a very poor impression of this company and I will not be looking into other opportunities at Capital One.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the following questions:
      -How would you structure the product offering?
      -Calculate monthly profit
      -Calculate breakeven
      -How could you increase market share?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Lengthy and thorough - included math, verbal and personality test, and behavioral as well as job fit interviews. Recruiters conduct salary negotiations. Typically, There is a phone screen with the recruiter, then another phone screen with the firing manager, a full day of on site interviews, and depending on level of hire, final phone screens with senior management (up to the general counsel)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were confronted with someone’s questionable or dishonest behavior.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Phone call, video call with case interview, on site interview with case interviews. The on-site interview/superday consisted of a 3-4 case interviews with various members of management/senior analysts. Overall, not too bad or strenuous.

Interview Questions

• Basic case interview questions, e.g. you are presented with a profitability/marketing case and asked what to do and explore all options.   Answer Question

Management Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Disappointing. They reached out for a first-round interview. Three days later they said that there was an error in the system that skewed the selection process and that they would not be interviewing me.

At a smaller company, I might expect this kind of thing, but I expected more from a company of this size and reputation.

Software Engineer() Interview

Interview

YOu need to go through behavior interview, case interview and job fit interview. Tell me about the most difficult technology issue, from a problem-solving or analytical point-of-view that you’ve had to address.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was heavily jumbled and the hiring team was unclear with their communications at best. However the questions were interesting and the overall experience was neutral. They also were unable to accommodate my scheduling needs.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through my university. First round is case study round where they ask you to solve a real-life business problem. The case was led by the interviewer and they were evaluating strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical aptitude and quantitative skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First round is screener interview with recruiter and second round is power day with 3 interviews (behavioral, job fit, and case study). Job fit asks you about two hypothetical management situations and how you would handle them. Case study was break even analysis with recommendations about how to reduce payback period. I got a call from my recruiter with an offer about 4 hours after I was done with the online superday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delivered a project on time despite having obstacles?   Answer Question
    • Calculate the payback period on this product   Answer Question
    • Your team is giving you three possible team building activities they would like to explore. How do you choose which one to do? Name pros and cons of each.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

when you receive the e-mail with a link for code test in hackerrank.
    hackerank will give you about 75 minutes for the code test, you can have test before real one.
    the phone interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and did an online assessment. Then I was invited to the final round of interview at McLean. 2 case interviews and 1 product interview. I read on glassdoor that if you pass three interviews, you'll get the fourth interview which means that you probably get an offer if you pass that one. But none of us (7 candidates) were asked to do the fourth one, so I guess probably they change the interview process this year?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.