CH2M Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated 17 May 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 224 interviews

Employee Referral33%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

CH2M

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at CH2M in May 2016

Interview

I've had three separate interview experiences with CH2M Hill, with Offices A, B, and C (Not going to disclose which locations these are; Office C is the office that offered me the position), respectively. CH2M interviews all seem to be three phases -- Phase 1) A general match-making phone session with the recruiter; Phase 2) A phone/webcam interview with the hiring manager / potential supervisor; and Phase 3) A face-to-face interview with the potential team / Business Group. Phase 1 interview with recruiter occurred several months prior, when the recruiter first saw my application and resume submitted online. Was asked several general questions about my resume and my interest in the field. A Phase 2 interview with a project engineer (Office A) was scheduled, but cancelled last minute. Recruiter then scheduled me a Phase 2 interview with another office (Office B), but I was not offered this position after Phase 3. Since I had already Phase-3-interviewed with Office B a month prior, the Phase 2 interview with Office C was more concise and detailed about the job duties. Interviewed with my potential supervisor and a project manager, we threw several questions back and forth about my experience, my current job, the open position, the location, the office, etc. I was invited to visit Office C for a Phase 3, during which I met many people in the office, all working in the same Business Group that the position was in. I was asked many questions about my experience, what I hope to gain from the position and the company, and what I can bring to the table. Was informed by several people that CH2M is very encouraging of its staff members to explore career paths and to choose the best fit. All staff members had wonderful things to say about the office and the company. Potential supervisor was extremely informative about the area, near-by school districts, and anything that would help with relocation. Was told that another candidate would be interviewed the following business day. Received offer letter about 1.5 weeks later. Recruiter and potential supervisor were helpful and available throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Five years ago, where did you think you'd be in five years?
    Answer Question
  • Where do you think you will be in five years from now?
  • What do you eventually hope to achieve at CH2M?
  • Recall a situation in which you had to handle a team conflict. How did you react and restore order?
6 people found this interview helpful

CH2M

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at CH2M

Interview

Contacted by a talent recruiter, follow up interview with hiring manager, got invited for the recruitment day in Denver. Two interviews on the recruitment day. Long process, received the offer 5 months after the first interview

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral interview, how do you solve a problem; if given an option what would you want to be, cat or dog; why do you want this job
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CH2M (Charlotte, NC) in Sep 2010

Interview

Drawn out hiring process due to travel of the interviewing team. Process depends on which "stove pipe" of the company you are entering. Wonderful people work there. Little direction once you are there. You just have to figure it out.... at least that is how it was in the "stovepipe" I worked in.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CH2M in May 2008

Interview

The intervewi process was well organised

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed