CDK Global Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

CDK Global Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.7

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job on university career fair. And they contacted me two weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. However, I didn't got the call from the HR at the scheduled time and I felt very disappointed by this unprofessionals. I sent a email to the HR and we rescheduled a second one. HR asked some basic questions: "what do you know about our company?" "why are you interested in this position?" "when will you graduate?" . No technique questions. It seems that they just wanted to let you know their company but not hire people.

Interview Questions

• "what do you know about our company?" "why are you interested in this position?" "when will you graduate?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a two step interview process. The started with an HR Phone screen where they validated my biographical information and asked a few questsions around my technical background as well as a few situational interview questions. I was then contacted to setup an in person interview. For the in person interview, I met with dev manager, product owner, and team members. The actual interview was conducted by the dev manager and PO, again discussing my educational and technical background.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you automated a solution and share the impact of that solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, basic SQL queries and Java based theoretical questions in both rounds. Both are semi technical and semi behavioral. As long as you can show that you understand the logic behind SQL queries and that you can know Java well enough to code a program to check for a palindrome, you should be considered a good applicant.

Interview Questions

• If I have a database of books, their authors, ISBN code and year of publication - how should I organize them into tables if their are many books with many authors and many authors with many publications?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

HR called up to talk about the general stuff like salary expectations and ask to rate myself in each of the technologies. SQL, Angular, .NET, MVC. He then pushed me a little to choose an earlier date for the technical interview, where I asked him for extra time. I took the interview on the date he suggested. Had the technical interview with a project manager. She asked me general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic questions about OOPS concepts, java basics, angular framework, SQL indexes and stored procedures and about using blocks in .NET   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   1 Answer

CDK Global Response

1 Dec 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I had applied online for this position. I was contacted by a recruiter initially to gather basic information. After that a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. It was a technical interview followed by an in-person interview.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

We talked about projects and overall experience. Specifically I went into detail about technologies I'd previously used in other company stacks and how I was successful in learning them and becoming proficient with them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral intro question then questions about projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screen, conducted by a hiring manager in Texas. They gave a personality test in the form of an instructional scenario and asked about previous experience.,

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

4 Dec 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Although you did not receive an offer to work for CDK, I appreciate your positive experience rating. All the best to you... More

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Cdk hires through a multiple choice question paper. Question are around 10 in number for Java and SQL both. Basic concept like output of programs. But if u are not through with the basics it is difficult to pass.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global in December 2015.

Interview

Got a call from consultancy and scheduled interview. Total 3 rounds first was technical and remaining two are Hr.first they asked about design patterns,MVC life cycle,basics of SQL,c#,opps.the third they asked about me and bla bla....

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.