Burns & McDonnell Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Burns & McDonnell Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Burns & McDonnell

2.9

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Recorded video interview, followed by a 3-hour interview at the office. The in-person interview consisted of a 30-minute presentation (about myself, my experience, my goals, etc.), followed by a series of questions following the traditional interview process. Finally, finished with conversations with various employees around the office, and lunch.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

First met with HR. They asked very generic questions about your core beliefs and things that are important to you. They wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the culture - working in teams and having leadership roles I believe is what helped me get in.

Then they flew me to the corporate office which involved three different interview for three different global practices (yes, you could potentially have three or four different job offers from a single company.)

To start the "interviews" I had to give a brief presentation on my background. I talked about why I wanted to become an engineer, the roles I have played on teams, my background on internships, and why I really wanted to work for Burns and McDonnell.

After the presentation I met with three different division managers one on one. Each division manager talked about what their global practice/division does for about 30 minutes. They then asked me about four or five questions and opened the remaining 20 minutes to questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in a situation where you are part of a team and somebody is not pulling their own weight or doing their part.   Answer Question

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

A phone call followed by a meeting with 2 Higher-ups including a powerpoint presentation I was told to prepare. Just be friendly. Ask them lots of questions about the job and themselves.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about projects from school and gave GPA a of of weight. Getting along very well with the interviewers wasn't hard but seemed very important   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Behaviorial phone interview two weeks later. Then they flew me out to the headquarters for an onsite interview two weeks after that. This interview required a personal presentation along with separate interviews with the managers from different groups in the company. All travel was reimbursed, professional interview, but not stressful

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is a weakness you have?
      Why did you apply to Burns and McDonnell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Create and present a power point about yourself and your career goals. Individual discussions with different global practices. Laid back style and the conversation is based on your presentation and career interests.

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center. I only submitted my resume online and did not attend the information center. For reference, I am a Masters student.
    The interview was pretty easy with normal questions. Here are several questions I remember.
    - Tell me about yourself.
    - Explain some of your engineering tasks.
    - What are some of the things you like about our company?
    - Which of our services interest you the most?
    - What are you looking for in a job?
    - Talk about some of things you've learned as a leader.
    - What are some non-engineering things you've been involved in?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
    - Do you have any other interviews scheduled?

At the end, he discussed the available opportunities for mechanical engineers and wanted to see which locations and tasks would interest me most. Lastly, have 3-4 questions ready to ask after you're done.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Attended career fair, selected for an on campus interview. Recieved a follow up interview onsite at the World Headquarters building in KC.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.