Cover image for Brown Thomas Arnotts

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Brown Thomas Arnotts Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 79 of over 79 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown Thomas Arnotts

Brown Thomas Arnotts

Application

I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts

Interview

Easy interview process , they asked me all the questions you might expect them to as for a sales assistant role. Nothing out of the ordinary and nothing unusual. Can’t say there is anything in particular that stands out

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts (Dublin, Dublin) in Sept 2022

Interview

The recruiter called me and I had a phone interview first. Then after a few days she called and scheduled a virtual interview with two team members. I was only given a day to prepare for it which now I regret as I should have asked for more time to prepare. The interview was lengthy. It went on for 1 hour where I was answering the multiple hypothetical questions they asked. It did not seem practical at all. The team member first asked 3-4 questions and then the recruiter asked at least 8-10 situation based questions. The feedback I received was that my answers where not good enough. I think their recruitment process is very flawed. A candidate may not give great answers for many reasons1. They did not have enough time to prepare 2. They are not used to giving interviews 3. They suffer from anxiety and hence get nervous while answering so many questions etc. If the candidate has the skills and the experience for the job shouldn’t they be judged through an assessment instead if being judged on their interviewing skills. Ofcourse the company needs to filter out candidates to get the best candidate for the job but the job description says the candidate should be good at writing descriptions not at giving interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Brown Thomas Arnotts

Application

I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts

Interview

Great, it was an overall great experience. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Have great overall view of the company and its values along with the role you are going into

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts (Dublin, Dublin) in Jun 2022

Interview

It was smooth, there were 2 rounds of interviews. First with the Manager and another with the HR. Basic talk through your CV and previous experience, and situations that showcase your brilliant customer knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you went out of your way for a customer?

Brown Thomas Arnotts

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts

Interview

It was a 3 stage process. Screening call, internal interview with HR and then an informal meeting with head of the department. After 2 days I received the result of my application.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work with these brands, what do you know about those companies, why would you make a good brand rep, describe a time when you handled a difficult customer and how was it resolved, what was the result

Brown Thomas Arnotts

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts in Oct 2021

Interview

Very pleasant, 1st interview was more like a casual conversation with your typical customer service questions. Manager of one concession was unable to choose between myself and another interviewee and so recommended me to another concession to ensure i got hired in BT. I had a quick call with that concession manager (very friendly chat) and she put me forward for second interview. 2nd interview over the phone with floor manager very similar. Was offered position within 2 hours after phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer

Brown Thomas Arnotts

Application

I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts

Interview

Interview with a member of HR in the offices. At this stage in the interview process, they already know that you, the candidate is generally well-qualified for the role, so it's time to dig further into culture fit and work style. See if you can identify what motivates you, what drew you to the company and how you work in a team, amongst other questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2021

Interview

Within applying I heard from there team very quickly for an interview. I felt the interview went very well with the interviewers giving very good feedback. I didn’t hear anything about the job after a week so I decided to send a follow up email. I later got a phone call from someone on there requirement team who told me I wasn’t successful because I didn’t answer a lot of questions and didn’t understand the rest. I was left very confused because I felt the whole interview went very well and I’ve never received feedback like that before. The role has been up multi times within the last few months and after that experience I decided not to apply to any more jobs with Brown Thomas.

Interview Questions
  • Name a campaign we have done & tell us what you liked about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts (Galway) in Jun 2021

Interview

Good, got an interview very quick. Got a phone interview with charlotte tilbury in Galway. Store manager was very lovely, didn’t make past the phone interview, however, it’s was nice to gain experience as I can prepare for the next one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Thomas Arnotts (Dublin, Dublin) in May 2021

Interview

Very pleasant process, dealt with a lovely girl Niamh who kept me updated throughout the whole process. I was unsuccessful for this role however she suggested others that would be a fit

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Interviews

Brown Thomas Arnotts Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Brown Thomas Arnotts as 83.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.58 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Associate and Christmas Temp rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Retail Sales Assistant and Sales Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Brown Thomas Arnotts takes an average of 12 days when considering 78 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Retail Sales Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Christmas Temp roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Brown Thomas Arnotts according to 78 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 29.66%