Booking.com Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Booking.com Team Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Booking.com

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

First you need to be "friends" with your manager and veteran team leads. Then you will need to close your eyes to wrong things you see in the company. Now your ready. GO! In Orlando there are few superman and supersize team leads that can get you promoted fast. They also interview people on their direct team for positions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see someone doing something wrong in the company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Booking.com

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in March 2016.

Interview

Very in depth and a great experience. The directors where very personable and really gave a great understanding of what they are looking for in anew employee. They really are searching for the best candidate and are passionate about their company and the goals they hope to achieve. I love of company-centric they are.

Interview Questions

• Coaching questions
      Organization questions
      Personal questions   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Warsaw (Poland)) in February 2017.

Interview

Normally, the 1st round is phone screening by a recruiter, but as I got referred it was skipped. I only had 2 round of interviews - one with my future manager (online) and then another one in person with my future manager and another person. The process was nice, not overly difficult. The questions were to the point and connected to the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you had in the past as a manager and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Barcelona (Spain)) in December 2017.

Interview

Was contacted a few days after applying thru LinkedIn by a HR officer via email who set up a phone call (was meant to be via Skype but they just called me), I thought this was just going to be a chat but turned into a 1 hour fairly instense phone interview with a question after question after question. This I guess was to find out my suitability for the role and if my experience and knowledge met their criteria. For the Team Lead/Team Leader role the focus is on managing a team, performance agreements, following KPI’s, SLA’s as this was most of the questioning including how to deal with underperformance. The key message I got from this was that Booking want to the most out of people and the job as a Team Lead to continually push the Customer Service Executives (CSE). 2nd step was a call from the Customer Manager - again meant to be video call but didn’t work so it was just a chat, this was actually fairly relaxed, went over some of the same questions but it was just to confirm what the HR officer had already established with me, call went for about 15-20mins. I was then invited to an assessment day, which they paid for my flight to Barcelona but it was fairly short notice (a few days). I was told prior that I would need to do a 2 slide presentation, one on what motivates a team and another to explain how to manage performance each slide no more than 5mins to present. The assessment day was with other candidates, there was an ice breaker, group exercise and the presentation. There was also a presentation by a manager about how Booking.com worked. The last test was a role play with 2 managers on how you deal with a difficult employee who thought their performance was ok for a promotion. The assessment day at the office went for about 4hours. The last step was ‘the interview’ as they called it but it was a video call with 2 Managers and it felt quite relaxed, they just asked me some of the same questions as HR and the previous manager about my experience and motivation on applying for the job. Few days later I was contacted by HR. All in all it took only about 2.5 weeks for the entire process, they did expect you to fit into their schedule which was somewhat difficult when juggling a current job.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for applying for this role and working for Booking.com   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booking.com in June 2018.

Interview

Good initial phone interview, invitation to join group interview, broken into multiple parts.
    Group interview involved individual exercises as well as independent and were explained at the time of invitation with a follow up email.
    There was an internal candidate.

Team Lead Interview

Interview

It a very interesting process done by several people, very open and not very formal. You need to present your experience and to provide the examples to support your statements

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Vilnius (Lithuania)) in August 2018.

Interview

Huge mess in communication. Received an email to schedule phone call, after that been invited for interview, recruiter changed dates few times. Interview itself was very relaxed but here I find comoany to look very unprofessional. Very long interview with same questions asked different way. After chat with HR and Manager you have a roleplay with overacting employee that will make you jeep offering different solutions for unhappy employee. Task with limited info and no rules but staff takes play into the level where you should have more info about regulations in a company. Then you will be given tour arround the office.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview that was booked online. The interviewer was late due to another meeting. She asked behaviour questions but I got the feeling she wasn’t interested from the start because she kept saying ‘great’ a condescending voice as I was giving my answers. A few days later I received a general letter telling me that they decided to go ahead with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a change in organization.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Fairly random conversation with a recruiter, I’ve had multiple similar conversations, which where all highly positive and proactive in this ‘initial screening’ part of the interview process, however this one with booking was absolutely not.

I had the feeling this recruiter had no interest at all from the moment ‘Hello’
    If the actual work environment is similar I would personally advise against applying.

I had lost all interest in the company based on this conversation and withdrew.

Interview Questions

• Why booking?
      What skills do you hope to use if successful?
      Tell me about you.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in April 2018.

Interview

I was referred by an employee of booking. I sent them my CV and motivation letter and they forwarded that to HR. I got a call and an email for an telephone interview. Just had the interview which was very pleasant and went through to the next phase. Next week I can go to booking's HQ for an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.