Booking.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Booking.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Booking.com

1,836 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

1. 20-minute phone interview;
    2. On-site interview: including typing and language skill, troubleshooting skill test;
    If you pass these tests, you will meet the recruiter. If you get the offer, the recruiter will let you know at the end of the interview.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in March 2020.

Interview

Had a pre-phone interview to talk about the job, what it is was and answer questions - super helpful to provide clarity on if I wanted to move forward with the job. Recruiter laid out a full timeline of what to expect in the process, how long things would take, and stayed to that timeline.

Interview Questions

• Lots of relational team questions 'explain a time when...'   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (San Juan, PR (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had 3 different interviews during the process. 2 videocall interviews, the first one from HR and the second directly with the Area Manager. The third one was in person at the office with the person that would have been my manager. Overall the last two interviews were really repetitive and asked exactly the same questions, which was a little weird for me. Also the post said it was required to speak french but never asked about this.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage priorities and clients?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a goal for your accounts in your current job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job on the Booking.com website which was advertised on Indeed. When applying, I added a motivation letter/cover letter with my application which I felt helped me in the long run. The next day, I was contacted with a test which tested my English Grammar skills and also included a phone call scenario (multiple choice) with a guest and a hotel.

The day after, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was a great conversation discussing my previous experience in customer service and questions about my resume. After that, my interviewer explained the benefits and shifts available to see if I was further interested in continuing with the process. From then, they sent me an email with dates for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was a brief tour of the office (really nice!) and a grammar test to see if your scores lined up with the assessment you took previously. I then had a one-on-one interview which was standard interview questions but more detailed.

The next day, I received a call and was offered the position. Very excited to start soon!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Applied online and got an email for a phone interview the next day.

Scheduled the phone interview 2 days after I got the email.

Normally a phone interview with any other company is no more than 30 minutes. This phone interview took over an hour! When she sent the calendar invite for our interview, it was only stated for 30 minutes. After the 45 minute mark, I rushed my answers because I took the call on my 30 minute lunch break.

It was a great experience to connect with the recruiter although, I didn't get the offer.

Just for future candidates they should let them know the phone interview will be over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Booking.com   1 Answer
    • How do you recruit?   1 Answer
    • What challenges do you see yourself overcoming, if hired?   1 Answer
    • What are your metrics? What do you do to hit them?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Quick. Called soon. Very smooth and easy questions. Recruiter was professional and made the experience easy as well. Met with the hiring manager. Very knowledgeable and fair. Would recommend to anyone else looking for a position in this similar field at this company.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Applied online and heard back quickly that they wanted an interview via automated message. The interview was booked a long time after the initial application. The HR interview took a long time. A week later I was informed via automated message that they would not be taking the application further.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would prioritise potential features.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam, NJ (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online and within a week a telephonic interview was scheduled. It was a 30 mins call to know about the project and current role played. I was told a few working environments at booking.com

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Booking.com does a few rounds of phone screens with a recruiter and then internal manager before giving you an in-person interview. Overall, the process is simple and the phone screens were based on previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your sales approach and how would you react if a client seemed disinterested?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter; the recruiter was engaging and the interview felt conversational. This was followed by a another phone screen with a Senior Account Manager; this interviewer was extremely bland and was clearly reading the questions from a screen. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Senior Account Manager in SF and a People's Manager in Seattle who joined us virtually. The in-person interview also included a 10-minute presentation which was a SWOT analysis of the Santa Cruz and Sacramento markets. I received glowing feedback from both managers on the presentation. The interview went well but I could not help shake the feeling that Senior Account Manager interviewing me was slightly intimidated/threatened by my qualifications. He repeatedly tried to trip me up, but failed as I remain composed. However, this was the first indication I got that the Booking.com culture was not something I wished to be a part of.
    I was told this would be the final interview but then heard back from the recruiter that there would be another phone screen which felt extremely odd. I received a phone call from the recruiter after a few days to inform that they had decided to move on with a different candidate.

In an nutshell: total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a hotel partner to use the Booking.com platform?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.