Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

5,483 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online for Senior Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence role through recommendation. The interview process was very smooth and professional and HR took good care of going through all the process. I had a screen call scheduled with two research engineers to evaluate my relevant skills and experience, suitability for the role, followed by an open systems design question and an online coding exercise (typical CS problems).
    Apart from a strong software engineering background, the role clearly requires significant experience in the AI-related fields and I unfortunately lacked some basics in machine learning -- it's a very complete and really interesting role. However, the interviewers very professional and trying to help. I did not get the offer, but I really appreciated the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Background and experience suitable for the role
      - Open systems design question (information storage and retrieval)
      - Typical CS online coding exercise   2 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through a referral and got the phone interview scheduled in a week. The interviewer didn't seem interested at all. It was supposed to be a 40 minutes interview which lasted about 90 minutes instead. The interviewer didn't speak a word for first 30 minutes of the coding problem and did not give any feedback if I was going in the right direction or not. Overall a very bad interview experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had same experience as reviews stated: started with a phone screening, then in the same week was invited to a super day. The super day involved three assessments which were a group activity, an online test, and an one-on-one workflow discussion. Days after the super day, you are told whether you advance to the final round which was with a senior manager and typical behavioral interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Introduce urself. Describe one challenge of your projects. Then solve a coding problem. It was a LC hard problem and took me 30 minutes to come up with a solution. Had no time for writing out the code on the paper.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had a phone screen which was leetcode East to medium questions. Then i was invited to onsite.

My first interview was comprised of leetcode hard questions. I was able to solve those but the interviewer was very arrogant and wanted the exact solution that he had in his mind.

Then, the second interviewer was a very nice person. He asked me two questions which i solved. Then he went on to ask me a leetcode hard which i was unable to solve.

I seriously doubt their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Not from the Bloomberg frequently asked questions. I had never seen those questions before   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

You are going to go over an online recording interview of 5 short questions with 30 second to prepare and 60 minutes to respond, and then telephone interview as follows.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the difficulties that you overcome in one of your projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Engineers there are full of themselves and not open to acknowledging their mistakes.

All was going well with leetcode medium-ish questions, until the last one. I gave a solution and the interviewer said it was no good. So i spent several minutes trying to solve it but with no success. After some time passed, the interviewer explained the solution. Thing is, my solution was essentially the same as his solution. When I brought it up to him he initially brushed it off but as I insisted that my answer is the same as his, he began to catch on. Now he's trying to point out errors or inefficiencies with my code, when in fact my code is more efficient than his answer. By the end of that interview, they led me out so I knew I didn't get it and I would argue that the last interviewer is single-handedly the reason why I didn't get the job. And even when I explained my solution to him, he dismissed it because he originally said it was incorrect and had too much pride to admit he was wrong.

If it wasn't for the fact that I already had a better offer, I'd be SUPER pissed. But also, I don't think I would want to work somewhere that engineers refuse to admit their own mistakes. Stay away, or hope that you don't get unlucky like I did.

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process and candidate experience. Senior-level recruiter cancelled 3 minutes before the interview was supposed to take place, which can happen and was happy to reschedule. When we rescheduled, they then called late and the call did not connect properly. When I attempted to call back, I was put through phone line after phone line for 15 minutes and was unable to reach them back. Recruiter never attempted to call back during the window of our call and mentioned taking another call during that time instead?! I had to shift around obligations for my current job twice, which was very difficult and should be a consideration when interviewing candidates in the first place. When we finally rescheduled for the third time and connected, the conversation felt impersonal and brief as though I wasn't given a fair chance especially after being cancelled on twice already. I then received a generic and impersonal rejection e-mail through the main system. Would not recommend - Felt the experience and process, especially for an HR role where recruiters should be truly exemplifying the candidate experience, was very lacking and unprofessional. Advice: Please value / respect your candidates and their time. Set the right example for these experiences since it can be very telling about the rest of the interview process and organisation if an employee joins the team.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions / nothing stood out. Spoke mainly about the company and landscape and minimal on asking direct HR questions other than overall experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I submitted the application online, and get the video interview within a week. But I didn't get the invitation for the next round. The video interview have 6 questions, two chances per question.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

HackerRank -> Phone screen -> onsite

Onsite interviewers were unprofessional and there was a slight language barrier. They asked fairly simple questions and were not satisfied unless you answered with their exact solution (even if yours was faster in terms of complexity).

I was a little surprised by how unprepared my interviewers were (no question prompt, just asking verbally and not clear on specifics).

I knew it was over when I got walked out after 2nd technical interview (they have an extra HR round incase you passed). Overall I was disillusioned with Bloomberg and decided to take a Big 4 tech offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Given incomplete logs from a race, find the order of the winners   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I am interviewing with an HR representative. HR will introduce the company and the position first. Most of the questions are behavioral questions, including multi-tasking abilities, communication abilities. Firstly, she asked me to go over the resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.