Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Blackboard Interview Questions

Interviews at Blackboard

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Everything was fine until I listed a former employer (competitor) and everything stopped.

Interview Questions

• Very easy upfront questions... Whats a difficulty you have over come in the last year...   2 Answers

I could not due to non compete.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with competing priorities?   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard in April 2019.

Interview

The Interview process was comprehensive, and in my case, all interviews were by phone, which can be challenging since the interviewee does not have the face to face experience and personal presentation. However, I can honestly say that all four interview calls were pleasurable. My first call was with Sr. Recruiter, 2nd with direct manager, 3rd with two Directors of contracts, and 4th with Sr. Director and Deputy GC. EVERY person I spoke with gave me a great overview of the position and company, asked poignant and intelligent questions about my skills and experience, and not one interviewer had an intimidating demeanor or air.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, Interview questions were poignant to my skills and experience with contracts and agreement terms; conversations revolved about challenging negotiations.   Answer Question

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied on my colleges job board, and had their technical recruiter email me back quickly. Spoke with him on the phone and asked for me to send them some code I had worked on.

Sent them my code on github, then they scheduled another phone interview with the groups manager. The second phone interview was a general interview about my background, but manager spent 90% of the time telling me about the groups projects and such.

Invited in the following week for an interview with their team.

Started off with group manager one-on-one interview, which consisted of him just elaborating on what they were working on, questions asked of me.

Second round, was a two-on-one interview with their senior engineers, this was the dousie. They pretty much just drilled me on questions about Java, SQL and random instances that may come up while working on team projects. Some questions involved what is singleton, abstract class, do a SQL command, etc. Some of the questions one of the engineers asked, were kinda hard and even the other engineer interviewing me admitted he didn't know the answers. In all honesty I hadn't worked with Java since high school, so I was rusty on all the concepts, and it would have been a miracle of the highest order if they actually took me haha. I would have deserved an oscar for the performance if it was successful.

Third round consisted of two-on-one interview with their junior engineers. This was rather easy, they asked basic questions about my resume.

Fourth round consisted of a one-on-one interview with the product manager, he actually tried to dip out of interviewing me saying something came up with a client and we should do it later, I'm guess after speaking with the senior engineers they had already determined they did not want to hire me. Nevertheless, I was already there and wanted the practice. I ended up coming back a few hours and interviewing with him. I guess they did not expect me to have come back.

All in all what I will say is the only relevant interview is the one with the senior engineers. It seems like if you do well on all the other interviews and don't do well with them, it's irrelevant. On the other hand, if you do well in the interview with the senior engineers and don't do well on the rest, it is irrelevant.

Just my thoughts from the whole experience. On a good note, I got offers elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard for developers: screening interview, technical interview with the highest developer manager within division (my boss's boss), in-person round with 3 short interviews by potential coworkers.
    HR was willing to work with me in finding a position that best suited my needs and interest.
    I felt valued throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically but it involved choosing the best combination of an ordered data structure and a sorting algorithm.
      Needless to say, I failed this question - still got the job!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer and demanded a 10K increase, to which they offered a 20K increase.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Had my resume passed along by a friend of a relative. Initially contacted by the software engineer leading the project to set up a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. Contacted within 2 weeks after interview and accepted immediately.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

Forgot the details,ask you something about design,database,Java,and some other things ,all are very easy,no need to preparedForgot the details,ask you something about design,database,Java,and some other things ,all are very easy,no need to prepared

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

After a phone interview with the hiring manager I was invited in to spend a day and meet with subordinates, peers and superiors. After each session the person simply departed and the next person came in for their session. At the end of the day the last person simply walked me to the door. There was no closure or contracting regarding next steps. I followed up sending a note to each person and asking the hiring manager what the next steps were - never got a response. After 2 weeks I was told that they'd chosen an internal candidate. One month later the job is still posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe priorities of most recent position.   Answer Question
    • How did you interact with other organizations in your past position?   Answer Question

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got called to come in. No interview questions were asked. All I was asked was for my ID and SSN so they could make copies. And then she told me I was hired. And I went home. No background checks, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Can I have you ID to make copies.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.