BetBright Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

2.9

Sort:

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

I applied to this role online. Received an e-mail in 2 days asking me if i was available for a telephonic round. I received a call next day and then i was invited to the office for a face to face interview. It was a very positive experience. It took about 30mins. Mostly the questions were technical about troubleshooting and things like that.

Interview Questions

• What are the three abilities of an ideal help desk person?   Answer Question
    • How important IT skills are in help desk service and how you keep yourself updated with those skills?   Answer Question
    • What is your worst experience so far as a help desk assistant?   Answer Question
    • What is the recent skill you have learned that can be helpful for help desk position?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BetBright.

Interview

Initial multiple choice questionnaire followed by a take home test. Once the test was submitted I was called for an in person interview where they went through my take home assessment.

The interview process for Betbright was one of the more negative ones I have had. The communication was poor all the way along. I had to do two technical assessment before speaking with somebody in the company. The process involves two rounds of in person interviews which in my experience is one more than a lot of companies. Betbright were not very flexible with timing of this interview.

The interviewers were unenthusiastic and seemed unprepared. Overall it felt like a waste of my time. I did not get through to the last round, though if I did I would have not accepted the offer to go through to another interview.

Interview Questions

BetBright Response

13 Feb 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to learn about your interview experience. We would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2017.

Interview

the interview process was good, It was all about technical questions.
    there are coding exercises that you must be completed before the face to face interview. You will be asked questions based on the exercises. So, prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between == and ===?   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very unprofessional as the interviewing manager never sought any introduction and did not give any room to ask any questions to let me know more about the company. The interview process reflected the overall company's attitude and I made up my mind to not proceed with this very unprofessional firm.

Computer science engineers should stay away from this firm.

Interview Questions

BetBright Response

9 Oct 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your feedback and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. We are disappointed to learn about your interview experience... More

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was stringent but was kept casual at the same time. This gave me a sense of how the company works and I found this appealing.
    I learnt about the history of the company, how the company has grown and what they are planing for the future.
    The interviewers provided me low level details, for instance the day to day tasks that I would be participating in, but also gave me high level info of how my role fits into the companies strategy.
    I was free to ask questions the whole way through the process and I was happy with all the answers.
    Overall the interview process was pleasant and I was happy with how it went.

Interview Questions

• If there was a screen with a login name and password text areas on the screen, what test cases would you create for that?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in June 2016.

Interview

It lasted 1 hour. It was pleasant and relaxed. I showcased my work in which both interviewees asked about and then they asked some other questions followed by a description of the role and company. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BetBright.

Interview

I was given a temporary link to an online technical interview which contained multiple choice PHP questions. The questions asked you to choose the correct PHP code but the answer contained crazy obfuscated code that took a while to read and as it was a time limited test, it was very difficult to do this.

Interview Questions

• Being given a ridiculous, almost impossible technical test. After this, I didn't even want to get a job there.   1 Answer

20 Nov 2017 – HR Manager

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback (positive and negative) on board and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail- please email hr@betbright.com and we will get... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phonecall, spoke to the team supervisor - very friendly, amiable and honest with both the pros and cons of the position. Second interview via Skype video (as I was abroad) with supervisor & a senior agent, same friendly and casual tone, no questions went unanswered and they were very forthcoming with demands/salary expectations/starting dates/long term goals etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are the most important qualities a cs agent needs to have?   1 Answer

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BetBright in July 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. There was also a face to face meeting with the CFO.

Questions / Discussions with all were very similar in topic but amount of detail varied.

Very helpful in arranging suitable interview times. Very friendly at all times. T

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of gambling legislation (optional)   Answer Question
    • Knowledge of anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legislation   Answer Question
    • Awareness of risk and control implementation   Answer Question
    • Ability to discuss compliance with stakeholders, and ensure correct decisions are made   Answer Question

Current employer had better benefits and salary in place
    Starting a family, did not want to move company

Python Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BetBright.

Interview

I interviewed with Betbright a while ago and thought the interview format/process was absolutely terrible.

The first stage is an online python test. This consisted, mainly, of very esoteric python questions which mainly seemed to be aimed at tripping people up, rather than assessing their working knowledge of the Python programming language on a day-to-day basis.

Questions like, what is the difference between __getattr__ and __getattribute__, when the question didn't even reference what style classes you are using, in this case, unless you are regularly overloading class magic methods you would be forgiven for forgetting which one does which (I had actually googled this a couple of months ago before this interview as I needed it for something, and had simply forgotten, given how rarely I need this kind of information).

I still managed to pass this test, the next one was a phone interview, which, again consisted of quick fire python questions which lasted ~20 minutes. No chance for me to ask about the role, or, if, the role would suit me at all.

The next stage was a take home test. One of the tasks was to implement a LRU cache.

I submitted, what I thought, was a decent solution, complete with unit-tests and documentation.

However, this is where I failed and was told they would not be pursuing with my application. The feedback I received highlighted the following two issues with my code.

1. Print statements in my solution. I had sent a summary of my solution outlying that, while I would never leave print statements in comitted code, I had left 2 print statements in my code to show the LRU cache working, so that in the integration test that I had provided they could see the cache doing what it is supposed to, as, it is difficult to genuinely see the cahce working without this. This was purely to help the reviewer see if my code was working properly, and, obviously, the reviewer hadn't even read the summary as he/she would have understood why I left them in there, I obviously, could have implemented a proper logging system, but is this really necessary for a take home test??? So basically, if the developer had read my summary, I feel that pointing out using a print statement was harsh as it was purely to help the reviewer and I had explained why I had done it. If the developer hadn't read my summary, it's even more harsh as I had put ~3hrs into this test the least the reviewer could have done was read my summary.

2. I had used a try: except KeyError: statement in my code for control flow. The feedback for this is that you should never use a try/except clause to control flow in Python. The reviewer of my code may not be an experienced Python developer as, per the Python docs, this is a recommended way of controling flow in Python and follows the EAFP ("it's Easier to Ask for Forgiveness than Permission") vs the LBYL ("Look Before You Leap") paradigm. In general, it really depends on the use case for using if key in dict vs try: except KeyError:. But for a take home test, which is always going to be a bit conrtrived anyway, I felt this again was very harsh and even goes against recommended design patterns in Python.

Overall, I felt, I had to comit a lot of time to the process and never got a chance to ask about the role to see if I would even have wanted to work there. The python developer who looked at my code must have been either lazy and/or inexpereiced for me to receive the feedback I did.

I think it's just as well, as having heard about the technologies they use, it sounds like they are stuck in the past, still using Py2.7 and old technologies.

Interview Questions

BetBright Response

20 Feb 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, it is very much appreciated. We apologise for the negative experience you had in going through our recruitment process. We will take your... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.