Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.6

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Questions were right to the point. Answer to the best of your ability and answer honestly. They were very nice and gave a comfortable interview environment. Dress nicely and good luck.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

apply through their online system. Called and interview with GM. If not current emoloyee then phone screen first. Offered job. If not current employee then background and drug screening. Accept offer and then start after everything comes back.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bluffton, SC (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

You typically meet with more than one manager and provide work history. One should focus on any experience in sales, but what they are seeking is personality - outgoing, good communication skills, good presentation of self.

Interview Questions

• Where do you you want to be in a year.   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Standard questions, boring, the managers seemed disengaged and only went through the same tired book of interview questions. I brought my own questions to spice it up a bit. I did get the job but I was a interview from another store and I think I was the only applicant

Interview Questions

• What's your strength and weaknesses   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hammond, LA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Took a couple of week and the process involves a drug test and background checks before being selected.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

At this point, i was already a supervisor in the company looking to transfer stores. I inquired with the general manager that I was a current supervisor at a different store looking to transfer locations. He said that he in fact had an opening and interviewed with him the next week. I interviewed with the manager in charge of sales and then the GM. I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are things you have done to show that you can have a positive impact on the business and manage multiple metrics at once.   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time when you had to have a difficult conversation with an employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was coming from a store that was a 10% pay grade above national average to a store that was at national average. I was able to keep my pay the same, however, I made much more in bonuses at the new store.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial interview questions are fairly generic. (Tell me about a time you ad to work in a team, Wat would you do if you saw an employee take a product)

For supervisory positions, more of the same, a little more involved. (How will you motivate your team to drive sales)

Initial interview feedback is quick, if they like you, you're hired and you get called right away. Other interviews take longer to find out about unless there is an immediate need, they will milk it not having to pay a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and the team was not getting along. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw someone take a product out of the store?   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Huntsville, AL (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I had one interview with my direct manager and General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do with an employee who doesn't respect you but hasn't done anything to be written up for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is very one sided. You can try and say, "I want this much" but in reality you get what they give you.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanesborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lanesborough, MA (US)) in September 2008.

Interview

2 or more interviews with questions around your character and ability to handle situations

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to bend the rules, why did you do it and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Buckhead, GA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was late. I came dressed well and could tell from the beginning that was a mistake. He was looking for some kid out of high school. He asked very silly questions that were loaded. I answered very well and at the end asked the job description. It was almost exactly in tune with the answers to my questions.
    I declined the job at the end when he told me the pay and went online and withdrew my application. This person was obviously intimidated and knew I could easily take his job.

Interview Questions

• They were all case studies... What would you do if someone stole? How would you train your team. Blah Blah Blah. People want to work for humans not robots   Answer Question

I would not like to work in an environment where I have more skills and a better grasp of the job than my employer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.