Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Collegeville, PA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview from an HR representative was the first step. Next you go in for a face-to-face interview with either a department or store manager. Pretty typical interview questions for a retail environment(asking about working as a team, dealing with customers, problem-solving examples, etc.).

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome an experience with an unhappy customer or coworker in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Focused mainly on my personable skills. Main purpose was to see what I know, and If I was coach able in the areas I would need to strengthen to be a strong employee.

Interview Questions

• What do I do outside of work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They will do a three step interview process. A phone interview, an instore interview with assistant manager, and then finally a interview with the gm. All of them will be mostly feeling you out. If you can make it to the interview withe the gm then you will in most cases be job offered.

Interview Questions

• What type of retail experience do you have.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I walked in to see if they were hiring and got an interview on the spot since they happened to be interviewing that day. I spoke with a department manager who seemed to like me so I met with the store manager a week later. The store manager asked a bit tougher questions but seemed to just want to get a feel for my work ethic. The next day they called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee steeling a small item like candy or snacks?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later for an interview. Went to the interview and got a second interview next day and an offer. The interview took around 45 minutes to an hour

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Penn, PA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. They brought me in and brought to the back to meet with an associate who already works their. They asked questions that required well thoughtout answers and not yes/no answers.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, and questions about you personally.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Goleta, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

They inquire about your background. Ask about your previous work experience and give you scenarios in which you're supposed to "do the right thing." You will also be speaking to two different managers, usually one is sales manager and the other would be the store manager

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Clackamas, OR (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very typical interview for a retail type job. Business casual for interview, leaning a little more towards business side. Very keen on personality and customer service skills more so than knowledge of technology. They will teach you everything you need to know about products, but handling customers is something you want to know going in.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.