Best Buy Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.1

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tampa, FL (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Very cordial, calls you out of the blue within 72hr window. Barebones phone screen, availability, hour preference, salary, work history, ever work Best Buy? It was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you enjoy about your job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sarasota, FL (US)).

Interview

in person with the manager of Geek squad. Would recommend Casual attire for the interview, show up about 15 to 30 mins early for your interview. if you pass that interview then you are interviewed by store manager.

Interview Questions

• few technical, mostly customer situation based questions, i.e. how you interact with an upset or unhappy customer   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Everett, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for back room and Geek Squad. I impressed the initial interviewer who was the manager for Geek Squad. I got a call within an hour after my interview gushing about how well I did.

They also told me they were so impressed that they wanted me to apply for their mobile sales and home theater. After doing that I was offered to come BACK in for another interview with the manager of mobile and home theater. After that I was then invited to meet with the District manager for a final interview.

The DM told me that this job wasn't just a job it was sales, HARD. If you make 1,000 one week great now make 1,500 and up and up from there. The job would pay minimum and this was a job for someone who just wants to sharpen their sale skills. I was barely able to get a word in edge wise and he took complete control of the conversation for the hour we interviewed.

I waited 3 weeks and finally got a email saying they weren't choosing me for the back and mobile department. A month later I get a email saying I wasn't chosen for home theater, a month and a half later they FINALLY let me know I wasn't selected for Geek squad.

Interview Questions

• How would you look up information about a computer you are working on   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Iowa City, IA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Straightforward process. Applied online and the Back Office Leader gave me a call within a week. The interview process for me involved an initial interview with the Geek Squad Manager (GSM). That part involved explaining why you applied, chatting about Geek Squad's history and of course some interview questions. Everything went well so I was told the back office leader would call me again to schedule a second interview with the General Store Manager (GM). The final interview with the GM is make or break in terms of EVERYTHING. Pay is decided right there with the GM and hardball was played in terms of why they should choose me (you). Turns out I already had the offer and he was just grilling me to see how I handle pressure, which is a large part of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer in a technology based role.   Answer Question
    • What gives you an edge over other applicants?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer that you can not immediately de-escalate?   Answer Question
    • How knowledgable are you with Mac? Windows?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I came in wearing business casual and spoke to the yellow shirt gentleman. He directed me to wait near the geek squad service. Waited for about half an hour and had my interview with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• If you hear a fellow employee talk about private data from a customer's computer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sherman, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Company will not hire you if you're not a salesman. They don't care about your computer repair qualifications or your prior experience. Experienced computer repair people be beware. This is a SALES POSITION and if you're not an internal applicant you stand little chance of getting hired.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2018.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the geek squad manager in an office. They will ask a series of questions write down your response and gauge your response with the answer they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you did not agree with? And how did you overcome those disagreements?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, on-site interview with GSM, then GM follow up interview that was informal and ended with job offer in person. Pretty relaxed dudes were chill as f and homies

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Maplewood, MN (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interviewer brought me to the meeting room and took out a questionnaire packet and asked me questions from the packer. The person was overall very friendly and understanding. It was a competitive position since there were 18 candidates which made the final decision a lot longer than the usual 2 weeks. It took around a month for me to get a notification on if I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you've done an action that went against what you stood for, but did the action because it was the best for the team.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Sent an application online and got a call for an interview the next day. The interview itself isn't difficult, the questions are read off from a packet and the person giving the interview writes down your responses. Questions were half personality questions and half customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.