Best Buy General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

3.1

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

A lot of opened ended questions, with situations applying to work. Questions were easy but made you think, but we’re all work related questions that I’ve been through. Declined the offer becuase I wasn’t offered something else where.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation with a problem employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with a HR representative. Standard questions from the individual. Spoke about over 20 yrs in the retail industry during the interview process. Decline email sent from the HR department. Poor interview process setup and the associate was not personable at all.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with personality test. Then was followed up by a phone screen interview. Final stage was a group interview with 6 members on the panel. After entire panel asked questions, final 10 minutes was directly with District Manager follow up.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Syracuse, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Gauntlet of interviews. There was a recruiter scene, dm interview and then a panel interview with six or seven other gms. Very intimidating and stressfull.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply on best buys website then fill out the personality form. Once the requisition closes you will receive a phone call from the area recruiter who will set up a phone interview and if you pass you will receive a phone call setting up an in person pannel interview with 2-5 people. Usually only one interview. After everyone has interviewed you will receive a phone call regardless

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you analyzed a profit and loss statement to maximize profitibility   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview process is good until it comes to the face to face. First impression is EVERYTHING so your appearance should be on point. Don't be surprised if they ask you to go to a different location for a possible open position as most of the DM's don't know what they want.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time where you worked with community outreach. How did you initiate the event and what was your outcome? How often would you say you have contact with your community to suport your business and how has that helped you or hurt you in past?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Braintree, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Three step process of application/CV screen, phone screen, and finally hour long interview. Two weeks to a month later you find out if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Interview was based off of a guide that had three or four different questions the interviewer could choose from.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

Interview

Panel interview usually with the district staff and possibly an existing GM within the market. Detailed questions about your leadership style, business acumen, store growth plan, talent development, inventory control.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you implemented a plan that did not succeed. What were the circumstances, how did you measure your results, what did you do when it did not succeed? Also, Tell us about a process that you identified as needing improvement. What steps did you take to develop the plan,, how did you implement the new process, how did you know whether it was effective or not?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The bottom line is ... Who do you know. Don't let anyone fool you. This company is build on who ya know. Do not apply unless someone who is making the decision tells you to apply. With that being said, the interview doesn't matter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's who you know.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Leadership positions require a series of interviews traditionally starting with a phone screening, followed by a potential second prior to a face to face. The face to face will traditionally be with at least two perople however there may be a panel style depending on urgency and availability of market leadership.

Interview Questions

• Best Buy has a lot of competitors in our industry. If you were hired, how would you go about maintaining our current customer base and growing new customers?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.