Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty informal. Knew a friend and they needed employees bad. Filled out the paperwork and hired on the spot and put on a register. Basic training given.

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brighton, MI (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Very easy to get into the company when they were hiring. No prior experience, they are easy to work with and it was enjoyable working for Best Buy. I only had to wait a few days from my application submission to actually getting hired.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and got an interview a week or so after. The interviewer (manager?) was friendly, and the questions were geared more towards my own past experience and such, rather than those general situational questions, which was a nice change. According to a friend who works as an HR person, I aced it, but apparently they went with someone else, probably because they had more experience. Sigh.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee and customer theft?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview

I applied and was called by HR maybe an hour afterwards. She sounded excited about me as a candidate, and we scheduled an interview for the following Monday. She told me that the store had a great manager, and asked me what I was expecting for pay. If they ask you this, it is best to give a range or try to get them to answer their range first.

I was then interviewed by the Ops Manager. Nothing too hard, emphasizing customer service for this interview and asking you about yourself.

The final interview was scheduled a week later with the GM. I sat and waited about 20 minutes. He asked me similar questions and about theft. He made me an offer on the spot, and said to expect an email that day. I did not receive the email, so I called HR back and they got it straightened out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone steal a small item like a candy bar or soda.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered my $9.00/hr, and I was able to bump it up to $9.50/hr

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Milpitas, CA (US)).

Interview

After I applied, it took about 2 weeks or so for them to call me back. When I got the call, the lady asked me questions about my previous job and what my availability would be if I were to get the job. Then, at the end of the conversation, she gave me an appointment for an interview the next day with the assistant manager. In the interview with the assistant manager, he asked me basic questions about ethics, why I wanted to work for Best Buy, and to describe previous situations I had experienced. (e.g. Tell me about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer.) About 5 minutes after that interview, I was called by the hiring agent and given an interview with the General Manager later that day. In that interview, he asked me more questions about why I wanted to work there, and work ethics. At the end of that interview, he gave me the job and asked me what my availability was and the pay.

Interview Questions

• List some competitors of Best Buy and come up with a persuasive argument on what Best Buy has to offer that the other stores do not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The General Manager asked me what pay I would like and I said $10, and he asked if $10.50 would be okay, and I agreed.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Meeting with multiple supervisors, ending ultimately with the Manager of the store. No curve balls, just general retail questions: 1)Have you ever worked a cashier, holidays, etc. for me, this all took place in one day, since all of the managers were available at that moment

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly customer during black Friday?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

It was very simple I have had one interview so far. You are taking in to a room in which two supervisors ask you questions one at a time they are all based on your experience with Customers

Interview Questions

• They ask you about group projects, time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Most of the questions have to do with you in a group environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Frederick, MD (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

3 in-store interviews. First and second are generally with supervisors or assistant managers, while the third is with the general manager. after the drug test, they have you go through NET (New Employee Training), which lasts for like 4 hours. After that, you have to take like 50 online tests before you can start working on the floor. all of this time IS payed.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, one over the phone, one in person. Usually the 3rd comes when yore told you're going to have another interview. At the end of your 2nd interview. And my 3rd was with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. (some variation of that question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process went pretty fast. I applied Tuesday and got a call Wednesday for an interview scheduled for that Friday. I went in and had my interview with the Best Buy Mobile Manager even though I was going to be a cashier. He told me that usually candidates only have one interview and then get sent home while they decided but he really liked me so 5 minutes after my first interview I had an interview with the store's assistant manager (because the GM was away on business). less then 10 minutes into that interview I was hired on spot (I have no retail experience). The whole process lasted about a hour.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected was the Mobile Manager telling me that they were interviewing a lot of employees at the moment so what stood out about me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $9 an hour (75 cents over minimum wage). Also told that if I was picked to stay on after holidays they would review my performance and consider a raise.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.