Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

3.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

very basic, the how long is really up to you, professional, feedback could be better with in house applicants you interview in front of two or more gm /district managers they each ask you questions one after each other, there simple questions that require a problem, a what did you do, and what was the result

Negotiation

there isn't much

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews, 2 panels and DM and HR manager and most questions were off a scripted form. The panel interview was fun and if you know your stuff you should have no problem

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Very thorough and focus on sales skills and not really a tru focus on managing employees and being able to build the store and see if it will succeed.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? This question doesn't really make sense unless you are asking it to see how the interviewer goes through the question more than the answer itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to negotiate with but started off very low to see if I would bite.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later. Had a webex interview and then I got a call to do a interview at the store. I interviewed with the GM and HBG MGR. I got a phone call a couple of days later with a job offer. I accepted 2 days later. GM emailed me information to complete drug and background test. Background test took 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make as a manager   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Process can take a few weeks from the initial contact to setting up interview. Interview is done with a panel consisting of General Manager, District Manager, Human Resources District Manager and potentially others. Interviews are done at the store or district office and take around an hour to complete. They ask general questions around business acumen and rate on the sheet they utilize. Bring resume and something showing your capabilities as a leader (30-60-90 etc)

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem facing the consumer electronics business today?
      Tell me about a time when you failed at a business objective?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I have received 2 phone pre-interviews with Best Buy, in both interviews I was asked the exact same questions. The second call the recruiter didn't keep appointment I had to track her down.
    They asked How would I drive profits, a time when I approached a difficult situation and a time I coached someone.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

2 interviews, 1 solo, 1 panel. basic behavioral questions around leadership, sales, and teamwork-oriented situations. Took about a week to hear result. Preparation is key, and the way in which you answer is Important as well.

Interview Questions

• no question seemed difficult or unexpected. they ask you about your strengths & weaknesses and be prepared to answer honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mainly it was signing a piece of paper detailing your pay and bonus structure. Negotiation varies, based upon if you are new to the company or employed already.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boise, ID (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

two interviews plus online questionarre. Make sure your answers are specific, generic answers are the kiss of death. New hiring software is very difficult to navigate and check your email often for new requests or required advances in the job hiring process. Using previous customer experience's that result in big sales or saved sales are key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you attempted to change a process/behavior and failed. how did you react, how did it change your management approach   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.