Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

3.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richmond, VA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

How you know they aren't going to give you the job: They only ask you a couple of questions and say alright thank you for coming in. or...They don't give you feedback for you to become a better interviewer. or...They take your business plan, (the one they haven't thought of) don't give you the position

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   Answer Question
  • What action plan will you take to improve this role? (They're going to take your plan if hey like it)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get in contact with the recruiter. I was able to use another recruiter that saw my resume from another party of the US to finally make contact.
    As a former employee that was excited to return to the company I was very discouraged by the current leadership.
    The interview did not offer any opportunity to showcase my ability to execute the job for which I was applying. This was a panel interview with 3 General Managers and an HR Manager. This was a 30 min interview that was highly superficial. The most in depth discussion only occurred after I began asking the questions.
    I was very respectful, but I felt like I was the trainer in the room teaching future managers how to interview using the company developed guide.
    This single interview has turned me away from the company that once gave me pride. I have removed Best Buy from my resume.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

didn't take long because they already know who they are going to hire. once the interview took place it took forever to get some feedback, on some occasions there were not any feedback. then the feedback they give does not make any sense simply because they are already filling the spot with someone they know or wants prior to you applying.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Long generic interview questions for a simple job. Company is not very time management with scheduling follow up interviews or revealing decision of employment after interviews are complete. Overall easy questions , but based on how lengthy and unprofessional this company is seeming I will not be accepting any offers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to introduce change to your employees   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Ur invited in by manager and if u pass him then ur interviewed by DM. Took about 1 week to interview and 2nd week for drug test and background.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

They start with a phone interview and then select from there. Then they have you come in for an in person interview if selected to move forward with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability   1 Answer
    • How do you react under pressure   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA (US)).

Interview

Contact by Store Manager. Manager was on time, and very happy to see me. The Store Manager asked basic questions before starting the interview. Questions were very easy. Everyone asked 2 questions each (Group of 4)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to help a customer
      Tell me about a employee you couldn't manage and why   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Orleans, LA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long (multiple days between calls) an very intensive over the phone interviews. I never got a chance to meet anyone in the hiring process face to face. I had to call back on 2 occasions to follow up on my progress even though I was told I was a frontrunner for the position. It almost seemed as if they were stalling or had already picked someone and was just waiting for something to clear through. Seemed very impersonal and I was left with more questions than answers

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a bad review for your direct supervisor?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview first followed by in store with general manager and district manager. series of scripted questions about technology and situational question to see how you stack up. Nothing difficult to answer really plain and generalized.

Negotiation

no negotiation you are told your salary and that's it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews, 2 panels and DM and HR manager and most questions were off a scripted form. The panel interview was fun and if you know your stuff you should have no problem

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.