Aviva Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Aviva Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Aviva Canada

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

3 stages of interview, initial phone interview with HR, second interview was with hiring manager and senior BA, third interview was with Hiring manager and VP. I declined offer as I got a great offer elsewhere and didn’t want the job anymore. However Aviva was great. It was more like a conversation. There hiring manager was great but took forever to respond to schedule follow up interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

Interview with manager and another manager. More personal vs career questions, situational, and devemopment. Experience and how I would deal with certain situations and scenarios. Sales related experience and sales style. Conflict resolution style and how I would resolve.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 2 years   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

First round video interview for screening - standard behavioural questions. Second round was in-person with team manager, which was more relaxed and conversational. She gave me an office tour (this is the Markham headoffice) afterwards.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got an email about 2 weeks later informing me to finish a pre-screen recording interview on a website. Got a week to complete the interview, the interview had 7 questions, with 4 questions asking you to record your replies and 3 questions that require brief text answers.

Interview Questions

• Difficult situation you was in before and how you responded   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a screening call with the recruiter then I met with the hiring manager and a panel of interviewers at the Calgary branch. Both interactions were professional. Interviewers prepared well for the interviews and they had very good questions to ask. Ultimately I did not get the job; the hiring manager called me herself to inform me of the outcome. I was fine with the outcome; the issue was that I travelled from another city by car to attend the second interview. I got stuck a couple of times in the snow due to the weather conditions. The worst was on the way back. I got stuck for 4+ hours. The cost of towing and my day-off work was around $800. I informed Aviva afterwards of my cost and the difficulties I faced in travelling; they did not even bother offering some kind reimbursement of my expenses. All I got “sorry to hear about your circumstances”. Overall it was a mixed experience. I am going to be writing another review as the hiring manager suggested that I meet with another hiring manager (based in Toronto) as they were looking for a casualty corporate underwriter

Interview Questions

• Questions were surrounding issues like solving conflict, motivating team members, and strengths & weaknesses.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions about what I did in the past not what I can do for them using past experiences (good or bad). Passed one interview with a senior manager, then went into a another one with some group peers. That was a disaster. They repeated few of the questions I got in the first interview to ensure that I didn't lie. They claim using modern processes but none of them had a clue what were talking about. Both failed to maintain eye contact and their body language showed discomfort and lack of interest. My questions were not answered properly. They showed up with laptops in the interview and one took notes without being involved. Both interviewers seem threatened by me and protective of information they release. Overall I didn't find to be a structured interview that helped them to identify what I can really do for the organisation. .

Conduct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone interview by a very condescending recruiter. She called me for one position; 3 weeks later she call me to set up an interview for another position.

I walked into the interview as prepared as I could be without any help from the recruiter. THe director & hiring manager were very nice & i thought the interview went well. I left being told I would be called within the week.

Another 3 weeks passed no response. I called the recruiter back & she tells me she had left me a voice mail the day before.

Aviva you need to hire more qualified recruiters who take their jobs seriously & promote your company more professionally.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

Applied online, then scheduled phone interview in 3 days(around 20 mins), in person interview next week. They are very nice, asked me some underwriting questions and told me working environment.

Healthcare Medical Accident Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a pre screening interview which took about 15 minutes. He first asked me some questions based on my resume and then moved on to some basic interview questions. Then, he explained about the role description and the working environment. Overall, he was very friendly.

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening and a brief in-person interview at the head office. Assortment of behavioural questions asked. Be prepared to go over your previous experiences and explain why you are a good candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.