Cover image for Arup

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Arup Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 942 of over 942 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
Employee Referral4%
HardAverageEasy

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

2 meetings, evaluating soft skills, all video calls, with four people. It was warm and nice, constructive talks. I was well informed with all the procedure, then a contract followsed.

Interview Questions
  • What did you accomplish recently?
    Answer Question

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

First round of the interview consists of a test with questions on different aspects (HVAC, fire, etc..) you are only required to answer one of them. Second round of the interview will be focusing on your answers of the test, it does not matter if you made a wrong answer. they will guide you through

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

Very disheartening and insensitive candidate experience. Applied for the role in December. Had a recruiter reach out to me in the following days and set up a call. We spoke for 30 minutes. She was very informative, asked some good questions and seemed to be very positive about my moving to a call with a hiring manager. Next....ghosting. A few follow up emails from me, which initially were responded to ("waiting for hiring manager to get back to me"...fine, totally understandable). Then yesterday I was released by automated email, with the subject line "Not qualified". Ugh. How heartless and inhuman.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

Offline test and online interview. Both offline test and online interview asked technical questions related to your discipline. For offline interview, there would be a team leader of your discipline and one from another department.

Interview Questions
  • As an engineer, what can we do for a sustainable development.
1 person found this interview helpful

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

Straightforward process. Clear steps to follow the hiring process. Even though the application was unsuccessful, I received feedback from the HR team. The interviewers were prepared. I got the sense they had read my CV beforehand.

Interview Questions
  • Professional background and experience. Expectations in terms of workload.

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

friendly process of interview, questions are not difficult to answer the interview lasts around an hour. Some typical interview questions and some technical questions got offer after 2 days of interview

Interview Questions
  • work history opinion to help the colleagues specific job done before your expectation

Arup

Application

I interviewed at Arup

Interview

Interviewed with two people in Risk/Security - very friendly. Read my written sample and asked questions, then asked questions regarding my knowledge on ARUP. Open ended questions mostly, not a lot of technical ones.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Arup (London, England) in Jan 2023

Interview

normal application process without questions within the application followed by assessment tests, awaiting interview process. the assessments were a bit tricky, especially the logical reasoning but all in all I passed them

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup (Washington, DC) in Jan 2023

Interview

I applied online and received a phone screening. I interviewed a week later. I did not receive any updates on my application until I barraged them with messages. Really disappointed as I did not receive any feedback on how to do better in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your roles with sustainability inside or outside the classroom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup (Sheffield, England) in Jan 2023

Interview

Online assessment which asks you to do numeracy and logic tests which are like games where you have to find patterns etc. Also compare statements which most reflect your own personality.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 942 Interviews

Arup Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Arup as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Mechanical Engineer and Engineering rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Graduate Civil Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Arup takes an average of 41 days when considering 17 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Graduate Civil Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Project Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Arup according to 17 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.50%