Analytic Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Analytic Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at Analytic Partners

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was fantastic. Great communication along the entire way. I came into the final round of interviews quite excited. This round consisted of three back-to-back video interviews. However, these interviews were puzzling. Mostly consisted of unclear questions from them and evasive answers to any questions I asked, which made the interviews uncomfortable. I left unsure if they had prepared for the interview or not. Not a very welcoming process.

Interview Questions

Analytic Partners Response

6 Aug 2018

Thank you for your interest in Analytic Partners and for considering AP as your next employer. Additionally, thanks for providing your feedback. We will relay the feedback to the interviewing team... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Sent in my resume, was emailed about setting up an interview as soon as possible. The interview process took about three hours altogether. I met with four people and spoke to each for about 30-45 minutes. The interviewers held different positions in the company and asked similar questions, but also different types of questions. A few were just personal questions getting to know me, my experience, and my interest in their company. The harder questions were more abstract where I had to come up with answer to very unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• In one year, how many vacuums are sold in New York City? How many cars can you fit into a plane? They don't expect you to know the answer, since they don't know the answer either, but they want to hear how you approach solving the question.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process is pretty intense but straightforward. Started out with a phone interview and was invited in to meet in person. Met with a lot of people from consultants through director level over two rounds. Employee dress was relaxed and I was made comfortable by their easy-going but professional attitudes.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions was about estimating mileage on a car given certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is very difficult in an inital phases. Big thing to keep in mind is salary growth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a really long process. I applied through campus recruitment and had the first set of interviews on campus. Then a few weeks later an IQ/Personality test was sent. I did that online. Then they emailed me for an interview. I went to the interview and met with four people. Each interview was 30 minutes each. They ask you personality and market sizing questions. The people are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of paint would it take to paint every home in the US?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

Applied through the website and was notified a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would be emailed an online test - one aptitude, one personality. About a week after submitting the test, I was notified about coming in for an on-site interview. I spoke to 3 different people plus one person over skype. I thought the interview went very well. Everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions

• -how would you describe the internet to someone who has been in a coma for 30 years?
      -how many vacuums are sold in a major US city in a year?
      -how many cars are rented in the US every year?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

-Coordinating with the hiring manager was difficult
    -AP got rid of its entry level analyst position and replaced it with an apprenticeship, which isn't nearly as attractive
    -Interviewers weren't very engaging or enthusiastic
    -Overall was an OK experience...wouldn't recommend this company to others

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

They posted a job on my college job board and I submitted my resume and cover letter through their website. Received an email within a week to schedule a phone screen. Had initial phone screen then follow-up phone interview with director a week later. Then I interviewed onsite with 3-4 consultants. Briefly met other analysts as I toured the office space. IQ test. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• IQ test via laptop. I forgot which specific test it was but I was able to find free sample tests online.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need to negotiate. I was fresh out of school and they offered a base salary in the middle of the range I specified and bonus percentage was generous at 20%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Got contacted via Email a week after I applied through LinkedIn to set up a phone interview. Normal behavior and motive questions. Then they sent me a online test which took about 30 mins. Got a call in for a on-site interview a week after and were told to wait for the result in two week if they decided to move me forward to the next round. The interview lasted 2. 5 hours and I met three mid-level consultants who asked questions around research experience, interest in the position and teamwork skills. At last, the HR manager came in and told me details of the training and learning opportunity in the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to me what is "internet" if I were a person who just wake up after being in karma for a very long time?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

interviewers asked questions testing logic and provided case studies to determine the candidates ability to process information. One question was regarding a cube made up of square inch cubes. If there are 5 on each side how many square inches is the larger cube. The next question was how many square inches is the cube if the outside layer of the cube is removed. They also asked how I would spend my marketing budget if I was a marketing director.

Interview Questions

• How would you spend your marketing budget of $100,000,000 and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

First, I had a short phone interview where one of the current analysts asked me about my skill sets and if I had any questions about the firm. Then HR contacted me and I had to take an intellectual aptitude test in addition to a personality test. Finally, I had a one on one interview with three people at the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.