Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Amazon

1,874 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Online technical test, followed by a phone call. Did not make it past this point. Interviewer did not know C++ and interrupted me once in the middle of problem solving to correct something that wasn't an error

Interview Questions

• Tiny bit about amazon's background. Random programming questions for technical test   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a long interview process of several rounds culminating in an onsite interview with all expenses paid. Three different groups of interviewers assess your coding skills as well your projects scenarios related to Amazon's core principles.

Interview Questions

• Given a group of lockers in an airport, design an function to return the indexes of the lockers available.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First a recruiter called. Then a phone screen followed by a virtual onsite interview. There were 4 rounds in the virtual interview - 3 coding rounds and one design. Each round had a number of leadership principles questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are three steps of online assessment and then on-screen interviews. First, the online assessment is Java debugging. Second, Coding assessment. For this, you can use any language you want. Third, Virtual working in amazon assessment.

Interview Questions

• In the on-screen interview, the interviewer gave me Two Sum problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good interview with challenging but also very fair questions that were asked. Also helpful feedback from interviewers that guided you in the right direction as to where the conversation was going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed customer obsession   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Pretty nice but the questions they asked were challenging. Behavioral at first, then around 35 minutes of technical, which was one leetcode medium. Prepare data structures and algorithms! The interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• What project are you the most proud of?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There were three interviewers, all of them ask the similar behavior questions, don't know what the point is. One of the interviewer was a little bit impatient. Probably because he is having several interviews in a day, but he was not very patient with me when listening to my answer. Omg, how many words that I am supposed to write about this interview process? There were three interviewers, all of them ask the similar behavior questions, don't know what the point is. One of the interviewer was a little bit impatient. Probably because he is having several interviews in a day, but he was not very patient with me when listening to my answer. And he just thinks that I did not explain my thoughts well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

This is was a while ago, but I think there were 4 rounds. First, behavioral, second, coding, and third this weird office SIM. The coding part is fast and you have limited time to diagnose bugs

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are three online assessments. If you pass these, then you'll get an interview. They interview on Amazon Chime, which is a Zoom-like software but developed by Amazon. The interview questions can be pretty random, but for behavioral, make sure to study the Amazon Leadership Principles

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

1 system design for 1hr
    1 week after scheduled another 1 hr interview, it is a combination of behavior questions for 10 min and coding for 40 min. The coding session was using python and numpy

Interview Questions

• What is the difficulty that you were facing during working and how did you conquer that?

Implement a image filter algorithm with numpy   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.