Amazon Lab126 Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Amazon Lab126 Research Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon Lab126

3.2

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2014.

Interview

I had two technical phone interviews, about two weeks apart. The first one went pretty poorly, so I was surprised to get called back for a second one. Our phone connection during the first interview was not so good though, so maybe they didn't get in all the questions from the interview script on the first call. Both interviews involved conceptual questions about machine learning paradigms and methods as well as a couple situation-based questions asking to sketch out a solution to a applied task, and a question or two about algorithms. The first interview, but not the second one, included a programming test, but it was really more like a pseudo-coding test, since the interviewer didn't know the language I chose to do it in (Python), and the coding interface doesn't execute the code.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system to add punctuation to email-oriented ASR?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a phone interview after two months. The phone interview consisted of a combination of behavior and technical questions lasted up to 45 minutes. Questions could be random, related or unrelated to the position. Answers needed to be very specific.

Interview Questions

• First question is always the norm, tell me about yourself and career goal.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 remote interviews of 45 minutes each, both technical, one site one hour PhD thesis presentation followed by 5 interviews 45 minutes each, 1 HR and 4 technical. Got asked about supervised and unsupervised machine learning, operations research, linear algebra, computer science (algorithm & data structures). Interviewers were very friendly and calm, I didn't feel stressed. They expect deep knowledge in machine learning and deep learning.

Interview Questions

• write down the weight update for a neural net with a single output   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round is research interview and second one is coding. Very comfortable process, just casual talk thru the phone. Overall, it was good experience. I am working with the team now. It should be thirty words now.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in May 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview (with 5 one-to-one interviews)
    - technical questions (according to my background)
    - white board coding (standard graph algorithms)
    - behavioral questions accoring to leadership principles ("Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a colleague", "Tell me about a time when you had to take a decision under pressure/uncertainty", "Tell me about a time when you were stuck")

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate a new feature into an existing system if you had 6 weeks? What would you do differently if you only had 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.